1st Time cruiser On The Carnival Glory- Need advice

Snooky57

Have you been on the Carnival Glory? I have never cruised before.. I will be in a handicapped cabin (7228) in March. If anyone has ever cruised Glory or been in the handicapped rooms.. Id sure love to hear from you and especially any pictures... Being my 1st cruise ever, I am beside myself with excitement!! I'm like a sponge soaking up pics and all the information and advice that I can get..Thanks In Advance! :D

Have you been on the Carnival Glory? I have never cruised before.. I will be in a handicapped cabin (7228) in March. If anyone has ever cruised Glory or been in the handicapped rooms.. Id sure love to hear from you and especially any pictures... Being my 1st cruise ever, I am beside myself with excitement!! I'm like a sponge soaking up pics and all the onformation and advice that I can get..Thanks In Advance! :D

Hi Snooky:

I was on the Glory this past summer and had a nice time. I posted a review with pics on CC [link below] so you can check it out if you have time :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874301

Enjoy your first cruise!

Would Just like to know what to expect on Glory as I have never been on a cruise.. The best places to eat.. Your time dining vs a set dining time... The best activities on the ship..Is getting around the decks easy or hard in a scooter.. Just anything that can help out a first time cruiser would be appreciated. :)

I've not been on the Glory but do use a scooter and need to book an accessible room. Look for the section "disabled cruising" here on cruise critic. There are lots of helpful people there. Are you booked in a fully accessible or modified accessible room?

I've not been on the Glory but do use a scooter and need to book an accessible room. Look for the section "disabled cruising" here on cruise critic. There are lots of helpful people there. Are you booked in a fully accessible or modified accessible room?

Yes I am, but since I have never cruise before I just don't know what to expect and I really hate suprises...

Would Just like to know what to expect on Glory as I have never been on a cruise.. The best places to eat.. Your time dining vs a set dining time... The best activities on the ship..Is getting around the decks easy or hard in a scooter.. Just anything that can help out a first time cruiser would be appreciated. :)

I cannot answer questions about the handicapped rooms as I have never been in one however you should have no problem getting around the ship. Most of the major walkthroughs are fairly wide and would easily accommodate a scooter and I have seen several scooters in use during all of my voyages.

As far as food goes, I would recommend taking dinners in the MDR; Carnival does a nice job with the meal service and food is quite good. The buffets on CCL are not so great IMO but Glory has Guy's Burgers which is delicious [albeit terrible for you HAHA]. I always do set dining on CCL ships [i prefer late seating as there are less young kids and it tends to feel a tad more formal]. Many people love the 'anytime' dining though as well; it really is a personal preference.

Archived