JS - GS Comparison

Hi all:

Yesterday my family was talking about cabin choices for next year, and we were wondering about the differences between a JS and a GS. If anyone has been in both or just in a JS, your opinion would really help. We stayed in a GS last year and it rocked! This would be in a Voyager-class ship.

Here are my questions:

• How do their sizes compare?
  • What perks do you have/miss with the JS?
  • Does anyone have JS photos?

Any other comments/suggestions would be appreciated. :)

The dimensions of the rooms are on the RCI website.

GS: 381 sq. ft. with a 95 sq. ft. balcony

JS: 277 sq, ft. with a 69 sq. ft. balcony

My advice is pretty simple - if you can afford the GS, go for it.

[FONT=Tahoma]on Radiance Class and up you will have concierge services/access (which you will have anyway if you are Diamond or above) when you are GS. The JS is a much smaller cabin, however depending on where you are on the ship may have an extremely large balcony. On the AOS a GS is probably 3X larger and the balcony 3 or 4X larger, the bathrooms are tripled as well. GS also has many daily perks from the staff, upgraded tv/sound system/cd player, etc. :) [/font]

Have been in a GS on Brilliance and AOS and a JS on Radiance and Enchantment and will be in the RS (woo hoo!) 8/14 on Mariner. GS are much nicer. Bigger, full tub, access to concierge club, etc. We are now spoiled and will only stay in the GS.

Mark

We had a JS on Radiance in February - we have booked a GS on Adventure for next January :) We really enjoyed the JS and are looking forward to more upgraded amenities ( bigger bathrooms - DVD etc) in the GS. Concierge service doesn't hurt either ;)

The GS has 2 sinks with marble vanity and a slightly larger tub area. The JS has 1 sink with the standard type vanity although it is wider as well as a tub/shower. The GS closet is 3 doors wide I think with plenty of hanging space, whereas the JS closet is walkin with I think a little better overall arrangement with shelves and hanging space. My wife likes the JS closet better with room for plenty of shoes under the hanging space and "dirties" under the shelves. One way to think of it, is a JS is about 1.5 times the regular balcony cabin and the GS is twice as big as regular balcony cabin. The GS has a larger and nicer vanity in the bedroom area with drawers in it and a stool with makeup mirror and a larger sitting area with a nice bar (not wet) full of 6 drawers and the mini fridge. We are sold on the JS and if the price is right we'll upgrade to the GS but the JS is plenty for us and leaves a little more money for shopping!

[FONT=Tahoma]on Radiance Class and up you will have concierge services/access (which you will have anyway if you are Diamond or above) when you are GS. The JS is a much smaller cabin, however depending on where you are on the ship may have an extremely large balcony. On the AOS a GS is probably 3X larger and the balcony 3 or 4X larger, the bathrooms are tripled as well. GS also has many daily perks from the staff, upgraded tv/sound system/cd player, etc. :) [/font]

(This is beachchick)

Where do you get this information??? On the AOS, a GS is something around 35% larger, not 3 times. The balcony is also about 35% larger. The bathrooms are tripled??? That means there's not a whole lot of extra square footage in the cabin since most of it would be taken up by this triple size bathroom.

Yes, the GS is larger all around (including the bathroom, which has upgraded amenities and the double sinks), but it's not 3 times bigger. It does have Concierge on Radiance and Voyager, which the JS doesn't; it has a better entertainment system; it has a larger sitting area; it gets you other perks, like afternoon goodies, etc.

I know you're probably just engaging in hyperbole, but lots of new cruisers read this site and would be sorely disappointed if they booked a GS based on your description.

beachchick

We were in a JS on the AOS and the SOS and I don't remember a curtain. But, we were very pleased with the suite size. For two people it was very nice, for more folks or kids, you probably want a little larger if you have the money to spare. I don't think the balcony is any bigger than a reg balcony cabin, but I may be wrong, b/c I have only stayed in suites. I was very satisfied with all.

The folks we were traveling with had the Royal Suite...HuGe!!! It was great. We visited there often, and the room attentants were wonderful. The balcony was way bigger than ours.

I was in a JS on AOS in March. There was a curtain between the sofa and the bed. Tons of closet space and there was a bathtub. It was great and just perfect for us but I have never stayed in a GS so I can't compare.

Lucky you! :)

Archived