Update from a landubber

Hi to all my good peeps on this forum :)

Reporting back as I promised after our 7 day break on a non cruise holiday

Hang on before you say should not be on this site it is just a comparison from hotel to a land base holiday (we have done Spirit x 2 celebration x2 and Dream x 2 NCL X 1)

Some peeps will know me from past postings

Well this is my report from Hotel Agadir RIU Palace (there are three other RIU’s nearby this one was finished last year

And is rather nice, in fact is immaculate…only half hour transfer from airport

Same time as uk time wise

The AI had no surcharges at all room safe free, local and international drinks no charge

Tea and coffee and kettle in room foc ,water beers and soft drinks in fridge topped up daily

Two buffet : restaurants eat in or out (better out) and two à la carte which you had to book in advance no extra charge

As this was a chill out holiday after a very busy Portraits of the past in April this was a low budget holiday (In terms of not spending much whilst there)

….we spent the vast amount of 10 euros in 7 days !! honest

Everyday we scoffed and drank swam and walked

Sun beds galore with cushions. food plenty to choose from

Perhaps we should have gone on some trips etc but we wanted to just “chill out” as they say today…….. and we did every day

Never seen a place as clean in my life.no hand gel anywhere

A most relaxing holiday rooms were huge (you may know the two sinks massive bath shower etc not a room but a suite)

Large bedroom with sitting area and balcony overlooking beach and pools with swim up bar (plus one large indoor pool)

To sum it all up , would we go back ,,,yes (to this hotel)

Any downfalls?

Oh yes entertainment ahhmm……. not too good nothing to compare with Thomson :rolleyes:

So downside is evening however ,we used to eat outside meeting other peeps and not thinking OMG must get to that show before we miss it etc

Perhaps we did not dock in a dIfferent port everyday but it was superb for 7 days

Would we do a cruise again ? probably

I said to my BH if this hotel had the THOMSON show team we maybe not venture anywhere else

Ah yes she replied, but then you would not see anything else ? :eek:

Give me a good book and warm pool.,,beach good staff /food and we are happy

Not once did we wish we had booked a cruise instead .:cool:

Howvever ,must st check if Thomson to a cruise stay to this hotel ;)

Stevie:)

I know exactly, Steve. It is a difficult decision to make. Although we have not been to the Agadir Riu Palace, (only looked at it over the wall from the promenade), we have stayed in a Riu palace in Mexico a few times.

"Our" hotel was being renovated last year and that is why we decided to try a cruise. We love seeing different places and can put up with the small cabins to do so.

They are just 2 different products.....my choice would be to have one of each per year. :rolleyes::D

Thank you for your review. It was very interesting to read.

I know exactly, Steve. It is a difficult decision to make. Although we have not been to the Agadir Riu Palace, (only looked at it over the wall from the promenade), we have stayed in a Riu palace in Mexico a few times.

"Our" hotel was being renovated last year and that is why we decided to try a cruise. We love seeing different places and can put up with the small cabins to do so.

They are just 2 different products.....my choice would be to have one of each per year. :rolleyes::D

Thank you for your review. It was very interesting to read.

Says she who has had how many cruises this year? Lol ;) :D xxxx

Archived