If u want a passport get one now.

Just wants everyone to know that if you need a passport, do it now...provided you can find a office that is not in a government building. I applied for my Grandsons passports on September 26th, received them today..10 days is all it took, I also applied for 2 other passports on sept. 2nd, just checked on them, they are processing and should here by the beginning of next week. I think there is many people who think they can not get a passport during the shutdown so this may be the best time to get them.:)

I did not pay for expedited services and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks...to the case.

Just wants everyone to know that if you need a passport, do it now...provided you can find a office that is not in a government building. I applied for my Grandsons passports on September 26th, received them today..10 days is all it took, I also applied for 2 other passports on sept. 2nd, just checked on them, they are processing and should here by the beginning of next week. I think there is many people who think they can not get a passport during the shutdown so this may be the best time to get them.:)

I did not pay for expedited services and was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks...to the case.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Let's hope all 25 regional centers that issue U.S. passports are as speedy as the one you dealt with. Do you know which one fulfilled your order?

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

Archived