My Better Late, Than Never BREEZE review! Lots of pics!

tampabrat22

GREAT REVIEW!! Im thinking of going on this cruise with the breeze:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Day 1 Miami, FL 4:00 PM

Day 2 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 3 Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 4 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 5 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 ... Fun Day At Sea --- ---

Day 7 Miami, FL 8:00 AM

Can anyone tell me if these places are good or not??

Also, Im looking at getting the deck 2 interior room only because why spend time in the room when you can swim, walk around, etc.

This will be my 1 year trip with my wife so I'm trying to make our trip special for us

Thank you for continuing - can't wait to read more!

thanks for reading along!

Great review so far! I love that you included the kiddos in your review because it really gives their perspective and if they are busy and having fun so are you!!

Thanks! I agree 100%, my kids have been cruising since they were itty bitty and love it. They are very well behaved so I have never had an issue bringing them along. Plus as they get older I cherish our cruises more and more, at home they are so "plugged in" to all the electronics we rarely get as much quality time together.

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Also, Im looking at getting the deck 2 interior room only because why spend time in the room when you can swim, walk around, etc.

This will be my 1 year trip with my wife so I'm trying to make our trip special for us

HI! We have been to all of those ports (many times to Grand Cayman and Cozumel). Each of those ports has something to love! In Ocho Rios we went to Dunns Rivers Falls (climb up a 600 ft waterfall), in GC we have done the turtle farm, 7 mile beach, and island tours. Sting Ray City is a fave of many, we have not tried it. And we have done pretty much everything there is to do in Cozumel. Our fave is Paradise Beach, the Tequila factory and once we even rented a Jeep for the day and toured the entire island ourselves (very small island, one road circles the entire island so it is hard to get lost). There are port of call boards here that you can read reviews for each of the islands.

As for the Inside cabin, it is usually a personal preference. the majority of our cruises are in inside cabins and we do just fine (with 4 of us!). I LOVE balcony cabins and highly recommend it if the budget allows, but for me I just want to get on the ship so I will take whatever I can afford at the time.

Have a great time with your new wife on your cruise, I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine!

OK so where were we...day 3 (Sea day #2!). Yay. I LOVE sea days! We decided today was going to be an R&R day to prepare for the next 3 port intensive days. Me & my daughter woke early and headed to the Lido Marketplace buffet to check out breakfast. The lines were kind of long so we shared a tray and found a nice spot by a window to enjoy.

Our breakfast (french toast, ham, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes and eggs Benedict). My daughter enjoyed her french toast, bacon & ham, I had the eggs Benedict & sausage. They were OK, but I wouldn't get them again. I like to try new foods but those were just not my thing.

269.jpg

After breakfast we decided to walk around ans see a few more areas of the ship...

Club O2 is very impressive. If I were a teen I would love to hang out here. It seemed to be a pretty popular spot for the teens so they must have agreed.

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

Cool tv screens suspended from the roof so they could sit back and relax while playing video games.

259.jpg

Then we made our way to the Blush Dining room.

262.jpg

263.jpg

Then we headed to a much anticipated spot for my daughter...the Thrill Theater! She had been excited all year waiting to try this out. We have been on a lot of these type rides but my daughter never gets tired of them so we bought two of the unlimited ride passes at $14.95 each.

253.jpg

252.jpg

250.jpg

We enjoyed the thrill theater a lot. Through out the cruise we visited multiple times. I think to determine if you would want the one time pass vs the unlimited you really need to base it on the person. I knew my daughter would not get bored with it so I feel like the money was well spent. My cousins daughter used her ticket one time and never went back so she wasn't so "thrilled" with that. We rarely found it busy, rarely had to wait more than 5 mins and we thought it is an excellent addition to the Breeze.

Still touring the ship...

The Tides Pool at the Aft of the ship

264.jpg

267.jpg

And since we were right by the lido marketplace, why not get some ice cream!

270.jpg

I asked my son to get me a cone, but he brought this instead? Hummm, strange boy.

271.jpg

After ice cream & some lunch (everyone had something from the buffet but I didn't take any pics) we headed out to the lido area to find a spot to relax. Love the slides on the Breeze!

268.jpg

Edited by tampabrat22

My daughter decided to go to Camp Carnival so I dropped her off there and then continued on my mission...to find a comfy, quiet spot in the shade to RELAX! We found tons of empty loungers on the port side on Deck 11, the Panorama deck. Worked out well since Camp Carnival is right there and my daughter could see us through the window!

My cousin & my friend Tacha who were cruising with us are also coworkers. We work in the health care industry and all though we all work in different departments we all have very hectic, demanding workloads & schedules. We NEEDED this vacation and we NEEDED rest. So for the next few hours we layed in these loungers and did just that. Our view..

272.jpg

Eventually my son found me and decided to hang out for a while (Camp Carnival is behind those windows back there).

273.jpg

Then we watched the sunset (this was in Dec so the sun set quite early). But we had been out here relaxing for hours and it was so nice.

275.jpg

I picked up Harry Potter, I mean my daughter, from Camp Carnival. As usual she has a great time.

276.jpg

We decided to order a little something from room service since we still had a while until dinner. We do the late seating at 8:30pm so sometimes we gotta have a snack. I ordered the steak & cheddar sandwich and the cheesecake. The sandwich was ok, I normally love it but this time it was just a little undercooked for me. The cheesecake was heavenly. I swear the room service cheesecake is better than any on board.

279.jpg

281.jpg

Thanks for the info! My carnival cruise helper told me about the waterfall adventure so i will have to look into that.

Only reason i was concerned about the deck decision is last time on the dream my stomach felt funny at times. Since we got the interior with no window i just wanted to be sure that deck 2 isn't better or worse than deck 7 on midship.

Do you or anyone else know of a good hotel to stay at for a park and cruise thing? Im driving 10 hours from ATL and not looking forward to it. lol

Thanks for the info! My carnival cruise helper told me about the waterfall adventure so i will have to look into that.

Only reason i was concerned about the deck decision is last time on the dream my stomach felt funny at times. Since we got the interior with no window i just wanted to be sure that deck 2 isn't better or worse than deck 7 on midship.

Do you or anyone else know of a good hotel to stay at for a park and cruise thing? Im driving 10 hours from ATL and not looking forward to it. lol

If you think sea sickness will be a problem you definitely want to be lower. I get a bit queasy on most cruises too, so I always book mid ship, lower decks. Even the few times we have had balconies, they were cove balconies so they were still lower. Deck 2 is prob your safest bet.

Sorry, I have not done the park & cruise thing but I know many hotels in Miami offer it. I had originally booked the Element Hotel that is near the airport and they did offer it so you may want to check them out.

Thank you so much for doing this review. We are interested in doing the Breeze next Feb. and I am loving learning more about the ship. Please keep it coming!

The BREEZE is by far our fave Carnival ship so far! Book it, you wont regret it!

Looking forward to your report on the ports of call! :D

Thanks, I should be getting to the ports by tomorrow or Thur. I am trying to add a little each night after work and getting the kids fed. ;)

Ok so continuing on Day 3 which was our 2nd Sea day and we had spent the day relaxing. After room service and a little power nap we got ourselves ready for dinner. Me & my friend decided to meet on the Lido for the movie before dinner. Tonight they were playing Tangled (one of my daughters fave Disney movies).

As you can see there were not many people out here so we had the pick of seating. We found some loungers and got comfy!

284.jpg

Something new they were doing was giving out free popcorn & you can borrow cozy blankets from the pool towel hut. Although I loved the cool windy "breeze" my friend and the girls took advantage of the blankets. They were really soft.

286.jpg

Sorry about the blur, but i wanted to share the image of the popcorn, lol, the girls really liked the popcorn!

287.jpg

I know everyone is not a fan of the big screens on the lido but I am a major fan!! I watch a lot of movies at home, we go to the theater a few times a month and I can watch some movies over and over. So when they started this whole Dive In Theater concept I was smitten! The only thing I love more than relaxing on the lido watching a movie in the cool breeze is relaxing on my private balcony. I also liked how the early movie tended to be family friendly and then the night movie was more PG-13 + oriented.

Thank you so much for continuing your review even though its been so long since you started! You're doing a wonderful job of it and I LOVE all your pics! We cruise on the Breeze in September so I've been reading up on all the reviews I can just trying to pass the time. I wish it was September 21st already... I'm so excited to get on this ship! :D

Thank you so much for continuing your review even though its been so long since you started! You're doing a wonderful job of it and I LOVE all your pics! We cruise on the Breeze in September so I've been reading up on all the reviews I can just trying to pass the time. I wish it was September 21st already... I'm so excited to get on this ship! :D

Thank you! I know, it feels like this cruise was forever ago, I've actually sailed on her again since this one. Thankfully I have a journal and the pics to remind me so I can share with you all. We loved the Breeze, I think you will be very happy with your decision to sail on her.

We were only able to watch about half of the movie on the Lido's big screen, we had to meet the rest of our group for dinner in the MDR.

I only took a few pics tonight during dinner, I was more interested in drinking. I had a few double amaretto sours tonight during diner. Service was very quick and all week long our bar server was very attentive to us, I can not recall her name but she was very good.

I was mesmerized by these lights in the dining room, lol.

292.jpg

French onion soup, so good!

290.jpg

someone had the sushi appetizer...

291.jpg

288.jpg

Our girls getting down with the head server

294.jpg

And the fave WCMC with double ice cream (we didn't even ask for two, they just brought it that way)!

295.jpg

See! I was so busy worrying about drinking tonight that I forgot to take a picture of my dinner! Sorry!

We finished up dinner around 9:30ish and then headed to the Lido to find a spot for the deck party! We found a perfect spot on deck 12 overlooking the entire lido area.

Tonight was the Red Frog's Caribbean beach Party!

737461_10151360795649925_488605624_o.jpg

The crowd was really into the line dancing...all the usual songs were played (cupid shuffle, electric slide, wobble). I love everything about cruising but by the end of the cruise having to hear those songs over & over & over, can push you over the edge, lol.

737215_10151360795474925_279695960_o.jpg

316.jpg

Along with the line dancing they did the limbo, had a congo line and at the end streamers shot up into the air and the kids (and the adults) seemed to love it. It was a fun night for everyone. See the red streamers in the left corner?

309.jpg

736655_10151360795464925_1993028341_o.jpg

So another fabulous day comes to an end. Everyone was getting really sleepy so we decided to end the night and get some rest so that we could get an early start in the morning. Tomorrow is our first port day and we will be visiting St Thomas!

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

I did this 6 day cruise on the Breeze in June. You & your wife will enjoy it.