Excursion Suggestions

bjtomko

We will be in Cozumel in April 2014 via the Caribbean Princess. I am looking for excursion suggestions. My initial thought is that visiting the ruins would be interesting and fun. I see that there are a few to select from Tulum, Coba and Kohunich are the ones I found so far. However, I love to snorkel if the snorkeling is good, so I don't know which route to go.

First, if this was the one and only time in Cozumel would you do a particular ruin or snorkel and why.

Second, has anyone done the ATV excursion? That may be of interest of my husbands.

Third, what else should I consider? I don't like to shop or see animals in captivity so I am not interested in anything like that.

Thanks so much for your help!

The ruins (Coba, Tulum, etc.) are on the mainland -- a tour there involves transportation to the ferry terminal, a 40-45 minute (sometimes rough :eek:) ferry ride, and then a bus to the ruins and a tour. You should only do this through the cruise-line because of the chance that something could go wrong and cause you to miss the ship!

If you book the Tulum tour it usually includes some beach time where you may be able to do a little snorkeling.

Cozumel is an island so most of the activities involve water and the beach; check with Eagle Ray for snorkel tours or check out the Money Bar for great snorkeling from the shore. There are lots of beach clubs depending upon how big and lively you want it, and if you desire all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go.

Keep reading these boards and then narrow your choices down and come back to these boards for some specific advice.

Good luck! :)

What is the name of the company and how did you reach them? Did you have to pay in advance? We did a jeep tour in Freeport in August and loved it. We will be in Cozumel in Nov and might like to do the jeep tour there. Thanks for telling us about this.

I really like that option, thanks so much for sharing! Getting to do something that is custom to what we like means we can experience a few things and not have to waste time doing stuff we don't want to. Thanks so much for sharing!

Archived