OBC from TA Question

greywills

Hi - maybe some of you know the answer to this. We will have an onboard credit from TA which understand will show up on 2nd or 3rd day of cruise. (Hopefully!) I know if I book excursions now or buy upgrade to premium beverage pkg that I have to pay now. But if I wait till get onboard and book something or upgrade package that charge will go on my bill and the OBC can be used towards charges when we check out at end? Thanks

Hi - maybe some of you know the answer to this. We will have an onboard credit from TA which understand will show up on 2nd or 3rd day of cruise. (Hopefully!) I know if I book excursions now or buy upgrade to premium beverage pkg that I have to pay now. But if I wait till get onboard and book something or upgrade package that charge will go on my bill and the OBC can be used towards charges when we check out at end? Thanks

You are correct. As long as the obc is there at check out it will be applied to any balance.

Steve

Where TA obc gets tricky is if X is the funding source behind some of all of the credit. Sometimes X will give an incentive to book that the TA is passing on to you without telling you that X really gave you the obc. You get a non-refundable credit in that case. If you do have refundable as well as non-refundable credits, X will draw from the non-refundable credits first as you make on board purchases. Rule of thumb, if X gives you the credit, it is non-refundable and this includes credits that you get as an owner of RCL stock. And you also cannot combine any obc offers from X unless it is specifically stated in the offer. This noncombining is why owning RCL stock has become less valuable.

Archived