Alcohol Card and drinks in the room?

estherhead

We are going to buy the alcohol card that is now available. This is PLENTY of alcohol for us. However, what do you do about wanting drinks in your room? It seems such a waste to have the card and alcohol in my room. I wouldn't care, but I know my husband will be disappointed to not have his drinks on his balcony.

My sister-in-law are sailing on Carnival Triumph on 12-2, sailing from Galveston. We are planning to purchase the drink package (which we know we won't have access to until our first day at sea (not our departing night). We are Bud Lite drinkers, but are not lushes (LOL!!!), but during the course of the day, we can probably knock back a 12 pack each. If we "buy" our 15 drink limit, in Bud Lite aluminum bottles (unopened, of course), can we keep them in our stateroom, and on our last day at sea, if any or left (which there will be :rolleyes:) can we pack them in our luggage, declare them to customs as "alcohol", and take them home? Anyone have any experience like this?

My sister-in-law are sailing on Carnival Triumph on 12-2, sailing from Galveston. We are planning to purchase the drink package (which we know we won't have access to until our first day at sea (not our departing night). We are Bud Lite drinkers, but are not lushes (LOL!!!), but during the course of the day, we can probably knock back a 12 pack each. If we "buy" our 15 drink limit, in Bud Lite aluminum bottles (unopened, of course), can we keep them in our stateroom, and on our last day at sea, if any or left (which there will be :rolleyes:) can we pack them in our luggage, declare them to customs as "alcohol", and take them home? Anyone have any experience like this?

The problem is that you can't buy buckets of beer. You have to buy them one at a time in 5 minute intervals. But yes you can "buy" your limit but it's going to take you and hour and fifteen minutes to do it.

I can't answer for taking them home with you.

You might also want to keep in mind that the breakeven point if you are drinking cocktails is about 6 per day. Since beer is much cheaper I'm not sure how many you would have to drink to have the Cheers program be cheaper than individual purchases.

You know that the Triumph doesn't have mini-fridges, so you'll need to get a bucket to keep your beers cold in.

Archived