Any info on the Splash Academy Guppies?

Julienatul

We are sailing EPIC in a few weeks with my niece and nephew who are 9 months and 2 years old. We last sailed EPIC before they changed the kids program, so I am looking for any information to give my sister and brother about the offerings for the under 3's. What types of activities do they offer and when? I havent heard many things about the under 3's since they changed it on NCL.

Our now 25 month old has been in the "Under 3 Zoo" as it is called now, three times. All on Jewel-class ships, but I don't think Epic is any different.

Essentially it is 1-2 activities/day, adult supervision required. Painting with organic paints/crayons. Nursery rhyme time, dancing, etc. etc Usually lasts from about 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the number of kids. It is kind of lame, but heavily dependent upon the skill of the NCL staff member that is leading the activity. Our experiences have run to both ends of the spectrum.

It's an ok diversion for an hour a day, but nothing special - good place to meet other parents if that's your thing. On the Jade and Pearl it was held in a conference room, which was good because there was AMPLE space to run and run and run (rather than colour or paint)...

Archived