Teen and Preteen excursions?

Naomi John

I posted this on the Family board, lots of views, no answers.

I have noted some of the teen and pre-teen clubs offer excursions for the age group at some ports. Do these excursions have a lot of participation? Has anyone allowed their child to participate? Just wondering about the experience.

Thank you for any information provided.

I posted this on the Family board, lots of views, no answers.

I have noted some of the teen and pre-teen clubs offer excursions for the age group at some ports. Do these excursions have a lot of participation? Has anyone allowed their child to participate? Just wondering about the experience.

Thank you for any information provided.

Twice I've given my son permission to go with the group (once Circle C and once Club O2) on a shore excursion. Both times, they didn't meet the minimum number of kids to hold the trip and he came with us instead.

We've often cruised during the school year. If you're going at mid-summer and there are more kids on board, they're more likely to be green-lighted.

On our last cruise, there was only one, and I believe it was Grand Cayman. I just asked my 16 yr old and he never knew they even had one. I would have let him go if they would have had the excursion in Jamaica, we already had plans in Grand Cayman. Apparently he didn't know anyone who went to the one in Grand Cayman, so I don't know if they cancelled or not. We sailed in the summer.

Most parents prefer that the teens stay with them in foreign countries.

It is rare that the teen program gets the amount of kids to participate.

I personally would not allow my teens to do this-- I do not know the other kids.. and what happens if one of the kids was a "problem" child that the counselor could not control? not worth taking the chance with it.

I've seen the tours offered, and on a catamaran snorkeling excursion we did in 2009 there was a group from Circle C aboard. The group was well supervised and well behaved. Our problem always has been that on most of our cruises, we plan our excursions well in advance; you don't find out the teen excursions until you're aboard.

I've seen the tours offered, and on a catamaran snorkeling excursion we did in 2009 there was a group from Circle C aboard. The group was well supervised and well behaved. Our problem always has been that on most of our cruises, we plan our excursions well in advance; you don't find out the teen excursions until you're aboard.

Was this during the summer?

Archived