Book now & use FCD later.

billbo_nuclear_baggins

I am looking at a PC cruise in 2015. The cabin I want is currently available. I do not have any available FCD's. Should I book the cruise now and pay the 10% deposit? I am going on a Caribbean cruise in December. If I wait until December to book, the cabin I want may be gone. If I book now can I buy a FCD in December and use it and still get the OBC? Do I have to cancel my original booking and rebook?

When the FCC program started, they were letting TAs retroactively add FCCs to bookings that were already booked. IME, they have not been doing this for a long time. I did see a special about a month ago that you could apply, or buy, an FCC after the cruise with less OBC. I've since deleted that promo info. & don't remember all the details.

The short answer is yes, you will have to cancel and rebook to use the FCC unless you get a very understanding phone rep that is willing to apply it.

You won't be out anything by doing that as long as you don't book a promotion with a non-refundable deposit, it's just more of a hassle for you or your TA.

The short answer is no, you cannot apply FCC's retroactively. You can, however, as stated by the previous poster, cancel and rebook.. This, of course, doesn't guarantee the fare will remain the same or if you will be able to keep your cabin of choice, although the odds are good especially if you have a good TA.

Our TA just did exactly this within the past two weeks. We had run out of FCCs in late August and had booked some cruises for 2015....so we purchased some FCCs last month on the Ruby and had our TA apply them retroactively. Now on fairness he may have cancelled our bookings and then rebooked but I didn't ask that question, I really just wanted the OBC.:)

if the TA or princess goes by the book its NO, on the fine print at the bottom it states this offer is available to new future bookings only and is non transferable

if you book now and cancel out and rebook using your FCC you could lose your cabin plus your dining arrangements

Archived