Need apartment in Rome Nov 1-3

mom4mom

The apartment that we rented 4 months ago has now been given to another party. The owner never even contacted us but I found out just by emailing him to confirm our reservations. I wonder when he was going to let us know. He offered us a fourth floor walk up but everyone else in my party has some sort of disability that will make it difficult to walk up steps. So now we are scrambling to find another 2 bedroom, 2 bath rental with sleeper sofa in the Vatican area with such short notice. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it.

The apartment that we rented 4 months ago has now been given to another party. The owner never even contacted us but I found out just by emailing him to confirm our reservations. I wonder when he was going to let us know. He offered us a fourth floor walk up but everyone else in my party has some sort of disability that will make it difficult to walk up steps. So now we are scrambling to find another 2 bedroom, 2 bath rental with sleeper sofa in the Vatican area with such short notice. If anyone has any leads, I would appreciate it.

Go to Google and put in VRBO NAVONA. then click on the first link put in your dates and number of bedrooms then look at whats available. At this late date you may not find all you want but I think you can find an apt. This gets you fairly close to the Vatican. Funny I have my apt for the exact dates ours is in the Campo Dei Fiori area and I used this site. Good Luck Larry

We are staying in a 2 bed 2 bath w/sleeper next week. It is right off Piazza Navonna (not the Vatican) but has 1 or 2 small steps and then an elevator. My MIL has mobility issues so we found this one.

We booked through Italy Perfect and have had wonderful experience with them.

I just checked and our apartment is not available but there are many on the website......

or call Pat @ 1-888-308-6123 X 2 and she might be able to find one for you.

an alternate number for her is 781/275-1055 (eastern time)

hope this helps

Thanks to all for your suggestions and concern. I think we have identified another apartment in the same area which is actually 80 euro cheaper. We have never had a problem renting through VRBO before but this experience will always make me leary in the future. I can't wait to flame this guy as soon as I get my money back.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and concern. I think we have identified another apartment in the same area which is actually 80 euro cheaper. We have never had a problem renting through VRBO before but this experience will always make me leary in the future. I can't wait to flame this guy as soon as I get my money back.

Fwiw I rented an apt last year for 5 nights on the via Ripetta thru venere and never had to prepay anything no security either. How and why did you pay anything up front? I hope it was on a credit card. How long ago did you pay? That will make a difference if you need to dispute. Good luck.

Archived