Sailing in a sauna

lovacruz

We are presently on a 11 night cruise on legend. They have the top coverings over pools. There is a group of 10 of us that are basically sitting in a steam room. Not a chair available outside unless uou sit in smoking area. Carnival answer we had to keep it closed in Europe from where the ship originated. It is automatic to open. Hope someone from carnival is reading this.

We are presently on a 11 night cruise on legend. They have the top coverings over pools. There is a group of 10 of us that are basically sitting in a steam room. Not a chair available outside unless uou sit in smoking area. Carnival answer we had to keep it closed in Europe from where the ship originated. It is automatic to open. Hope someone from carnival is reading this.

Have you tried going to the aft Serenity pool area? No cover and no smoke back there.

Probably not the best place to vent if what you're after is an immediate action. Going to speak with Guest Services in person is probably your best bet. As others have said though, if you're currently sailing they don't have many options. I'd try to stake out a spot at an open deck. Explore around, sometimes you'd be surprised where you can find chairs.

There's only one pool that has a cover. Go somewhere else. We liked it when it was cold outside and it was closed.

But they don't open or close it when the ship is sailing so it doesn't get stuck. When do you reach your first port?

That sounds reasonable. Would one adjust the top on a convertible car while it's speeding down the highway?

Legend is a Spirit-class vessel and they have a policy of not operating the sliding dome when the ship is in motion. So, you can pretty much expect that the sliding dome will remain closed until you get to your next port.

I sailed on the Carnival Spirit quite a bit when it was based in California... and there is a lot to love about the Spirit-class ships. However, I understand your frustration with the way they will not operate the sliding dome unless they are in port. We had one cruise on the Spirit where it was beautiful weather when we left Mexico for the trip back to California... and so the dome was open. But then bad weather hit as we got closer to California, and the dome had to remain open the entire rest of the way. Frustrating!

I've learned to love the Conquest-class ships with the sliding dome over the rear pool. They have no problem opening or closing the sliding dome on Conquest-class ships even when they are in motion.

If I remember correctly, the Splendor can also open or close the dome with the ship in motion.

There's only one pool that has a cover. Go somewhere else. We liked it when it was cold outside and it was closed.

But they don't open or close it when the ship is sailing so it doesn't get stuck. When do you reach your first port?

I have definitely seen the tops open and closed on the Liberty and Glory while at sea. can't imagine why they could not open them at sea on the Legend?

And I'm stuck at home! ;)

Would one adjust the top on a convertible car while it's speeding down the highway?

No, but I don't come to a complete stop to operate the sunroof (a non-articulating cover that is on a geared rail, as opposed to a convertible top made of fabric attached to an articulating frame of joints and cable tensioners).

These are the only ships I know of that seem to have this issue where the top can't be operated under normal cruising conditions.

Archived