Cruise tours from Tauranga to Rotorua

micheleb1219

Has anyone ever used Hinterland Tours? One of the other companies that comes recommended is fully booked.

Can you tell me what company was recommended? In the process of planning excursions. Thanks !

I made a deposit today on the Rotorua Highlights tour for Friday November 15, arriving in Tauranga on the Celebrity Solstice.

I didn't have much information to go on, but from the website and their emails it sounded like they were committed to providing good service.

If your cruise is far enough out I can tell you about our experience with Hinterland after we return.

• 1 month later...

We used Cruise Tauranga/Learning Journeys and had a fantastic tour. We did their Classic Rotorua Tour to Wai-O-Tapu with many additional stops... in addition to Wai-O-Tapu (which is amazing), we really enjoyed visiting Hamurana Springs and the 'young' Redwood forest nearby. We had an excellent and very knowledgeable driver/guide.

• 4 weeks later...
We used Cruise Tauranga/Learning Journeys and had a fantastic tour. We did their Classic Rotorua Tour to Wai-O-Tapu with many additional stops... in addition to Wai-O-Tapu (which is amazing), we really enjoyed visiting Hamurana Springs and the 'young' Redwood forest nearby. We had an excellent and very knowledgeable driver/guide.

BBM

Michele is a great point of contact!

Cruise Tauranga/Learning Journeys, was fantastic!! I dealt with Simon prior to the cruise and he was always quick to respond to my emails. Michelle was our driver/guide and I can't say enough good things about her. She is warm, personable and extremely knowledgeable about Tauranga and Rotorua. Because we were a group of 8 from one family, she was more than happy to be flexible with our day. We saw Taraunga, Kiwi 360, Rotorua including the Maori village built around geo thermal springs and a Maori cultural show. We ate lunch in Rotorua and Michelle joined us. Went to a park in town with great geo thermal foot baths (aahhh!) . Some of our group wanted to do the luge ride so we dropped them off and toured around with Michelle, picking them up later. It was a very full and wonderful day. I highly recommend them. Thanks, Michelle!

• 2 weeks later...

We travelled with Hinterland Tours to see Rotorua about 2 weeks ago, and we would fully recommend their services. We had a wonderful time /day and the trip was most informative. These trips just don't happen, they are made by the hosts!! For this - we thank you sincerely. We would recommend Hinterland Tours anyone travelling to New Zealand.