Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='RAJKR74'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We have gone to carrying a portable scale to make sure we don't over pack and get stuck with over-weight fees. We usually keep the weight of our check-in luggage at 49 lbs. That leaves room for differences of the scales at the airport.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Looks like you are having fun on this cruise. We will keep reading your postings.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Rick & Joyce[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]3

Yeah, I have one too. I weighed one time and it said 50 the next time 50.3. Since I upgraded to business I wasn't overly worried. If I have to pay coming home I suck it up as a cost of cruising. At least I'm not on united.

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Are you getting the new or the old pillow chocolate?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

New. It's really not bad but I'm not über fussy. I didn't think the old one was anything to write home about either.

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]You're kidding. About cutting you back to one [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR], that is; not about .... :eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Here's the deal: if you have to pay two fares, you are entitled to two pillow [COLOR=sienna]chocolates[/COLOR]. End of story. :mad: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Have a nice day tomorrow. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

It's just wrong. The cabin stewards have been very good otherwise so I'm ok with it. Maybe I'll only gain 10 lbs instead of 12. I was going to hit the gym today but the hill did me in yesterday.

[quote name='kazu']Sounds like things are going quite smoothly for you now :D Awesome. It's Thanksgiving (Canadian) so there might be some nice displays tonight in the MDR:)

Oh dear, one pillow chocolate - will you survive;)[/QUOTE]

Turkey is on the menu tonight. The problem is that they have fruit in everything:rolleyes:. Fruit ...good...but not in stuffing.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Glad you are able to check in and let us know how things are going.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Being cut back to 1 chocolate is not fair since you are paying so much to have that cabin to yourself.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm really ok with it. I'm eating enough of everything else. I'm hoping the sun comes out in Saguenay (sp). At least the free wifi is working:D.

[quote name='lorekauf']Turkey is on the menu tonight. The problem is that they have fruit in everything:rolleyes:. Fruit ...good...but not in stuffing.[/quote]

Agreed. I don't like fruit in stuffing (dressing) either. But then again I don't like fruit in salads, savory entrees, etc. Raisins in cookies or cakes/breads are okay. A few golden raisins in my favorite Brussels Sprouts recipe is okay. Otherwise, I like fruit by itself. Call me crazy, but it's JMHO.

[quote name='Irish Eyes Are Sailing']Agreed. I don't like fruit in stuffing (dressing) either. But then again I don't like fruit in salads, savory entrees, etc. Raisins in cookies or cakes/breads are okay. A few golden raisins in my favorite Brussels Sprouts recipe is okay. Otherwise, I like fruit by itself. Call me crazy, but it's JMHO.[/QUOTE]

We are sisters from another mother:D. Fruit doesn't belong with savoury. I just don't like raisins period.

Went to the tamarind at lunch. They don't have the sushi option that they had a few weeks ago for a charge. That said, I don't like it enough to pay for it.

The Eurodam seems to be a happy ship just like my experience on the Oosterdam except for my room:D.

Sapper, I've booked a tour for Baddeck. I expect a full refund from you if I don't like it:D;):p.

[quote name='lorekauf']We are sisters from another mother:D. Fruit doesn't belong with savoury. I just don't like raisins period.

Went to the tamarind at lunch. They don't have the sushi option that they had a few weeks ago for a charge. That said, I don't like it enough to pay for it.

The Eurodam seems to be a happy ship just like my experience on the Oosterdam except for my room:D.

Sapper, I've booked a tour for Baddeck. I expect a full refund from you if I don't like it:D;):p.[/QUOTE]

Well lunch in SJ is on me whether you like it or not. Going to make a ressie tomorrow. :D

[quote name='comfortcove']Are you using an ipad? I am just wondering about the ease of switching back and forth from free wifi in port, and ship's wifi (paid minutes) with an ipad.

I hope all of your desserts are sweet, and wine is fine![/QUOTE]

It's pretty easy. I'm using an iPad and we are away from the dock.

[quote name='lorekauf']Good wine service tonight but bad dinner service. You can't get upset because the servers were so sweet! I had my turkey![/quote]

I love turkey, but DH doesn't. At Thanksgiving here, I have to make turkey AND chicken.....and dressing, of course! Glad you got your turkey on the ship.....I can eat that anytime, not just the holidays. I guess they had turkey due to the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday? Or is it normally served on occasion no matter what?
Keep us posted on your trip and hope your good wine service continues....and the waiters step up their game on the dinner service.

For Canadians wondering about luggage direct. It looks like it is available now. The participating airlines are air tran airways, American, delta, jet blue, continental, southwest, us air and united. Never heard of air tran. I wonder if it's air transit. I'm taking air canada so I guess I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm staying an extra day so I wouldn't anyway. You shouldn't have to pay luggage fees if you are going united because they will probably lose your luggage. Isn't it amazing how I've gotten over being bitter about it.

I'm happy to say I got to the gym today. Worked out for 55 minutes so I'm ready to eat now :). I was going to go into town today but they wanted $10 and 2 transfers to get to town. The highlight is walmart. No thx, I'll just use free internet. No much here

I think Sapper must have called the ship because I'm wait listed for the tour to Baddeck.

[quote name='lorekauf']We shall see about that. Lunch on me is the least I could do. We don't even have to go to rotten Ronnie's:D.[/QUOTE]

Well Rotten Ronnie didn't have an opening so I booked us here.
[url]www.shadowlawninn.com[/url]

It's in Rothesay, about a twenty minute drive from the pier area.

[quote name='lorekauf']Good wine service tonight but bad dinner service. You can't get upset because the servers were so sweet! I had my turkey![/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]Was it the real turkey?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We have yet to be on a ship over Thanksgiving when they had the real deal.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived