Past Infinity Guests Boarding out of SF Question?????

mando_cpa

Hello - I wanted to pick the brains of any of you who have boarded the Infinity out of SF...... What time have you been able to board? Now I know your tickets always give some afternoon time but I am an avid cruiser and know from experience that the lines typically let you on earlier with restrictions. Can you tell me your experiences please!

Have a great day and thanks in advance for the feedback!

We were on the May 28 Infinity out of S.F. and we got there around 11:00 a.m. At first they were not letting us in but around 11:45 we boarded the ship. We then were told the rooms were not ready but later on the trip we talked to some poeple who went in about the same time as us and they said the rooms were ready. I see you are from Sacramento; just plan ahead of time for the crowds outside on the Embarcadero. It is a zoo. Between letting off passengers, passengers getting on, and tourists on the Embarcadero it is very very slow. So just plan ahead.

marilyn

Thanks Mii - I can only imagine how crazy it will be.... SInce I see you are from Modesto I am assuming you drove to the port. Can I ask if you parked at the Parking structure there? Ddid you have any issues or suggestions?

Mando, we have a car service take us. The very first time we sailed out of S.F. we did park in the parking garage right across the street. My DH said never again. The traffic is just too much and he hates to drive in the city so we have hired a car service and woth every dime. Of course that is up to you but to my DH it is woth it, so we budget for it. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

We did Mercury out of S.F. and the first time we did use the parking across the street. But don't do what we did - my DH tried to pull up to the terminal to drop me and the luggage off and what a nightmare. Go directly to the garage and park - it is just a short walk to the terminal (that is what we did when we returned). The second time we took a local bus service and it was perfect - dropped off inside the terminal. So much easier. S.F. terminal has to be the worst as far as driving. But then you are onboard and forget about the whole thing. Enjoy.

Hi...June 9th we showed up at the pier at about 11:30. It was a bit chaotic as the ship had arrived an hour or so late so folks were still disembarking as we arrived with our usual complement of to much baggage. Once we found a porter and got into the building it was a snap. Very few others waiting. We were held on the pier until about Noon when we were allowed to board and were able to get into our cabin by 1 or so. The proverbial piece of cake. People we talked to later who got to the pier around 2 said they had a very long wait just to check in. For a trip on Infinity (we've had three) it was all worth it.

Archived