Meet & Greet Decor, Goodies, and Games. Oh my!

Canadian_J

While planning the meet and greets for our upcoming B2B cruises (shoutout for our #HalloweenHangover folks!) we were out shopping for some decor and got wondering what everyone's favourite decor, goodies, or games for your meet and greets were.

Ours is at the Red Frog rum bar on the lido deck at sail away time. We have a few people planning to print name tags (with first name, username and home town), a few people bringing leis (beads were also suggested), and a few people bringing some decor to mark off some tables. Here's a few of the things we bought today :) including the leis, umbrella/pirate/Canadian flags for drinks, and a pineapple centre piece.

asyseryb.jpg

So what do you usually bring to decorate your meet & greet? Any favourite activities to do? I know Cabin Crawls and Slot Pulls are a fun option.

May the best meet and greet win! :D

but my favorite activity was when we all played our own version of Bingo on the Lido deck (like a stationary scavenger hunt). lots of laughs

555728_10151132196538993_1679862944_n.jpg

Ohhhh that sounds like way too much fun! Do you remember what was on your cards? Or is there a template somewhere?

How fun! I wish you guys were going on my cruises. :cool:

We've never gotten to participate in a m&g on any cruise due to a bunch of different reasons. The worst being when our cabin was switched at the pier and the letter informing us of our m&g didn't arrive until a day later. :(

We did a gift exchange on a couple of our M&G's. You bring a wrapped gift under $10 that is something that represents your area of the world. For instance, a Cheers mug from Boston, an Empire State Building key chain, etc. Everyone puts the gifts in a pile and only those who brought gifts do the exchange. One by One you pick a gift, not our own lol, and open it and whomever brought it explains why it is from their area. It is kind of neat to see all the different things. I brought a small can of maple syrup as they make it really close by to our city. I got an Atlanta Olympic key chain and a bag of pecans as my gift that I chose. The pecans were grown on this lady's sisters farm and came with a nice write-up. Another time I got a really nice NYC skyline paperweight. It is a fun thing to do!

On one of my cruises I planned a crazy hat party. Everyone wore their hats to the deck party. We did our own line up and asked a few strangers to be the judges. I gave away some drink coupons (back in the day) to the winners. It was fun.

Another CC cruise they did a glowing home party. Last night of the cruise everyone came to the disco bar decked out in glow stuff. Again it was fun.

So how do you actually play pool deck bingo??

everyone's paper was a little different. we all stood above the Lido deck (rather than running around the ship) and we crossed off the square when we spotted the item. the most difficult to find was the man in a speedo. only one on the ship and we had to wait for him!

everyone's paper was a little different. we all stood above the Lido deck (rather than running around the ship) and we crossed off the square when we spotted the item. the most difficult to find was the man in a speedo. only one on the ship and we had to wait for him!

I find this extremely hard to believe :p normally there are plenty and they are pretty difficult to miss! I'd have thought that would be an easy one!

@jaded99 we could probably get this together pretty easily since our M&G is on the Lido deck!

Archived