mini suite on GEM

CSRAJ81

I am sailing in my first mini-suite on NCL in December. One feature that I am happy about is that there is a curtain that separates the bed from the sitting area. We are traveling with our son and think the little bit of privacy is nice!

Kim

Will be on the NCL GEM on Nov.this is our 3rd time on the Gem but first time in a mini suite, can anyone tell me what they are like or even have a picture os the room, we will be in room 11516

About 75' larger. 285' as opposed to 210' for a balcony.

Haven't seen you in the Roll Call for a while. We were just talking about the mini's as a few of us upgraded. Stop by and sign up for the meet and greet.

Gregg

The "mini-suite" is a marketing misnomer. You get what you pay for. it isn't a "suite-lite" so don't get your hopes up. If you want suite perks, you have to pay for them, so just go ahead and get a suite.

The "mini-suite" is a marketing misnomer. You get what you pay for. it isn't a "suite-lite" so don't get your hopes up. If you want suite perks, you have to pay for them, so just go ahead and get a suite.

Get a grip! I don't see any mention of expecting suite perks. OP just wants to know what the room is like. I was in the exact cabin last year, as others have said a little larger than a balcony. Bathroom & sitting area are where you will notice it. Good location if you plan on using the spa,gym & to the pool area. You will be happy with this cabin.

I have had mini-suites my 2 NCL cruises. Son had an ocean view with a port hole and SIL had a standard balcony on our first NCL cruise. I am quite happy with mini-suites, and they are noticably larger when you can do comparison.

Next cruise we are splurging a little for our 20th wedding anniversary, we will be in a forward facing Penthouse suite with balcony. Hope it doesn't spoil it for us and we can never go back.

Heres to hoping you have a great time on your cruise.

Jon

The mini-suites are quite a bit larger than a balcony cabin. They have a bathroom with a tub, a larger sitting area, a curtain that can be pulled to give privacy between the sitting and bedroom area.

We definitely prefer the mini-suites (which should be called deluxe balconies) over a standard balcony cabin. The extra space is nice.

Thank you all for the reply, it will be nice with the extra room :)

Gregg will check out the roll call again, can not believe how close the sailing date is :cool: My brother and i went into the city this past Saturday to see the Gem and waited to see her leave at 4:00. It was nice to see for sure :rolleyes:

Here is a YouTube of what a mini suite looks like on the Gem. Not the same cabin number but all are similar. They are definitely bigger and roomier than a regular balcony cabin. The wood trim along the walls is prettier as the balcony has the full white. Also, you can see in the video the bathroom is way bigger than a balcony bathroom. The entrance hallway and the couch are bigger too as well as the wall table. Have a great cruise!

Coka

I do agree the mini-suites feel larger because they are larger.

Note, however, one thing we consider when booking a mini is that some of the balconies are covered by a very large overhang (Garden Cafe). Some are hardly covered. Look at a close-up of a pic of the Gem.

Have fun!!!

Get a grip! I don't see any mention of expecting suite perks. OP just wants to know what the room is like. I was in the exact cabin last year, as others have said a little larger than a balcony. Bathroom & sitting area are where you will notice it. Good location if you plan on using the spa,gym & to the pool area. You will be happy with this cabin.

If you are happy with it, that's swell. But I stand by my position that the term "mini-suite" is a marketing ploy, like "jumbo shrimp".

As W.C. Fields said,

Professor Eustace McGargle: And if we should ever separate, my little plum, I want to give you one little piece of fatherly advice.

Poppy: Yes Pop.

Professor Eustace McGargle: Never give a sucker an even break.

Archived