Our DIY Cruise Wedding Passport Invites (Pic Heavy)!!

• 3 weeks later...
She took a couple of days to get back to me too- the template was $15 and we spent about $150 more on the paper and materials.

I can't share the template since I promised them I wouldn't, but if Vanessa says its okay I can send it to her and she can sell it to you. Just let me know. :)

I just bought Vanessa's $20 Bahamas template and realized how much work you had to do to make it cruise-friendly. We're doing the same thing you did, kind-of, except we're getting married at one of the stops from the cruise. Anyways, I was wondering if we could do the same thing as you and "tinker bell" did as far as asking Vanessa if you could share your template with me? It would save me a ton of time since I have no clue how to use Illustrator. My email is LaurenElizabeth725@hotmail.com. Thanks!

PS- Hope your wedding was a blast!

I just bought Vanessa's $20 Bahamas template and realized how much work you had to do to make it cruise-friendly. We're doing the same thing you did, kind-of, except we're getting married at one of the stops from the cruise. Anyways, I was wondering if we could do the same thing as you and "tinker bell" did as far as asking Vanessa if you could share your template with me? It would save me a ton of time since I have no clue how to use Illustrator. My email is LaurenElizabeth725@hotmail.com. Thanks!

PS- Hope your wedding was a blast!

Sorry, I meant you and "BSBRose".... you're "tinkerbell"

This was amazing!!! I wish I could do something like this! It looked awesome! I tried to link but for some reason it doesn't work for me. It may be my work computer though - they block certain sites...

When I went to the link - it says it's no longer available. I wonder if she took the site down. Do you know if there is another way to get the template from the person you got it from or possibly I could pay you for yours? You can email me directly at attnyfalls@gmail.com. I am getting married in April and I absolutely love your invitations. It has everything I was thinking about sending in a news letter(s). This would save more time than doing multiple mailings.

Cassi

From Vanessa Mills. Her contact info is in this thread : http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/vane...#axzz2hdPSpurY

Tinkerbell, can I pay you the same design fee you paid her for your template? My email is cathyr99@yahoo.com let me know, yours are perfect! I'd pay more than the design fee!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I went to the link - it says it's no longer available. I wonder if she took the site down. Do you know if there is another way to get the template from the person you got it from or possibly I could pay you for yours? You can email me directly at attnyfalls@gmail.com. I am getting married in April and I absolutely love your invitations. It has everything I was thinking about sending in a news letter(s). This would save more time than doing multiple mailings.

Cassi

It seems that Vanessa has a dedicated page now for her passport invitation templates (among other things). An earlier post in this thread provided this website. (see below) You could start there and browse the templates. But as crusinthrough advises, be prepared to learn Adobe Illustrator.

I purchased the same template and made my own template. There is now a nautical themed template, which wasn't available previous. To customize be prepared to learn Adobe illustrator.

http://www.weddingpassports.com

• 1 month later...

Hi!! My fiancé and I finally decided that we are going to do the passport invitations. I was wondering though, once I purchase it from Vanessa, if I could either email you or you email and let me know which pages you put the info on in the template. When I looked over the sample template Vanessa emailed me, it was a bit confusing to figure out which pages went where. Any help you could provide would be great! My email address is attnyfalls@gmail.com. I don't mind providing you with proof that I made the purchase as well.:)

Hi!! My fiancé and I finally decided that we are going to do the passport invitations. I was wondering though, once I purchase it from Vanessa, if I could either email you or you email and let me know which pages you put the info on in the template. When I looked over the sample template Vanessa emailed me, it was a bit confusing to figure out which pages went where. Any help you could provide would be great! My email address is attnyfalls@gmail.com. I don't mind providing you with proof that I made the purchase as well.:)

I don't think the original poster checks back here often. When you purchase the actual template it's straight forward but you will need to learn adobe illustrator (AI) to make edits to fit a cruise. If you email Vanessa she will answer any questions you have on the template and AI. She always answered emails quickly and was helpful. Check out her YouTube videos for instructions and her FB page for ideas. I also got some ideas from cruise passport invite pictures on Esty.

I like all the Adobe products so I purchased a year subscription. Since making the invitations, I used AI, Photoshop, inDesign, Bridge etc on other things I did for the cruise. However, if I was not interested in using any of the other products and I had to do it again, I would pay Vanessa to make the invites for me. Between printer costs, supplies I would never use again, watching AI videos and edits I don't think I saved much money with DYI and definitely did not save any time.

Also, if you print it out (even the template) it will give you an idea on what you want where. I had to do that for my fiancé so he could see how it went.

• 4 weeks later...