LeHavre to Paris private tours

iluvcrewzn

ilovecrewzin, you will really enjoy the Silhouette. We did the Solstice the year before last and the Silhouette last year, both times mail Italy and we really enjoyed our trips. Very upscale, we sailed in AQ because I am diabetic and loved the menu in Blu. Enjoed a liitle exercise in the Solarium pool each day and got tose tired legs relaxed and ready for walking. The Silhouette to the Caribbean I imagine will be fabulous. We had little to no opportunity to use the lawn, or even our balcony, so that would be just the cream with the cherry on top. We are cruising on the Allure in two weeks. I will need a scooter for that ship. Cant wait for the Allure, a totally different cruise.

I'm with iluvcrewzn! I do hope you come back and share how you liked the Allure.

We have never been on a large ship. We are trying one this Christmas though - the CCL Magic. Since it is located here in Texas, no airfare. :) I'm looking forward to it. . . .but do wonder how it will feel to be on a large ship.

I hope your roll call picks up. Did you find a company to do the Paris excursion with? Perhaps someone on your roll call can share the cost, etc.

Peru is pretty cool. It is on my "someday" list. :D Maybe 2017. LOL

My DH and I met late in life, so our kids are still young - but we are not. :) We want to see some of the world and make memories for them while we can.

I will have to look up London Toolkit, thank you. I think we have London worked out, only because our time there is so short - and one whole day is devoted totally to Harry Potter. So we had to limit what we pick.

Hello ,

Have just noticed you search for a tour company in Normandy, I will be in LE HAVRE this coming g Sunday 26 Oct i have hired a 18 seater mini bus with driver and guide if required from a company called LABEL WEST, Just email ingrid@label-west.fr

Tell her what you require and she will be back in-touch with you the same day. From my dealings with her she is first class at what she does and very helpfull.

REG

I don't think Carnival is quite the party ship they used to be. It's really more family oriented then anything. Our last cruise on Princess was wonderful. We were in a suite so we did have a special dining room for breakfast and ate lunch off the ship everyday. Our service could not have been better. I thought the food in the main dining room was better than Carnival now but what Carnival used to be like. But I did thing the food was better than Princess in the main dining room only on Celebrity. I also believe some of your experience depends on the staff of your particular ship.

The large ships are fine. A little further to walk but they are so big the amount of people feels pretty much the same. I think you'll like it just fine.

As far as Normandy, we were actually wanting to go to Paris instead. I have never been so must see a few sights. But thanks so much for the information it was very kind of you to think of us.

I don't think Carnival is quite the party ship they used to be. It's really more family oriented then anything. Our last cruise on Princess was wonderful. We were in a suite so we did have a special dining room for breakfast and ate lunch off the ship everyday. Our service could not have been better. I thought the food in the main dining room was better than Carnival now but what Carnival used to be like. But I did thing the food was better than Princess in the main dining room only on Celebrity. I also believe some of your experience depends on the staff of your particular ship.

The large ships are fine. A little further to walk but they are so big the amount of people feels pretty much the same. I think you'll like it just fine.

As far as Normandy, we were actually wanting to go to Paris instead. I have never been so must see a few sights. But thanks so much for the information it was very kind of you to think of us.

Thanks!

My DDs wanted to go on a "whale tail" cruise. We have cruised by Carnival ships before and they have been wanting to go down one of those big slides. Since it is for their 10th birthday, we decided to go for it. Looks like there will be a lot of fun things for them to try.

Have you found a guide from Le Havre to Paris?

Yes but it was sooo expensive. If I found 7 others to join us it would have been almost $500 pp. So we went ahead and booked the ship tour. Now I'm trying to find an affordable price for airfare. $1643 per person is what the rates are running now. I have never paid that much before so I am still searching for something better. Have you all booked your air fares yet? If so what prices have you seen? We are flying from Atlanta.

Yes but it was sooo expensive. If I found 7 others to join us it would have been almost $500 pp. So we went ahead and booked the ship tour. Now I'm trying to find an affordable price for airfare. $1643 per person is what the rates are running now. I have never paid that much before so I am still searching for something better. Have you all booked your air fares yet? If so what prices have you seen? We are flying from Atlanta.

I am with you. This is the most $$$ I have spent on a trip so far.

Are you doing the ship tour to Paris and back? If we were not hopping off the ship I probably would. . I know there are people that say the time in Paris is not worth the $$ but having never been to Paris it would be worth it to me. . .and being on the ship's tour has some safety built in.

Yes, I have booked our airfare. We are going from Houston - London and then from Paris - Houston. I bought the economy plus seats due to the flights being so long, and wound up paying $1675 each for them. Just amazed me to part with that much money for airfare. The most I've paid up until this was for Hawaii, and that was only (ha ha ha, never thought I'd say only for the Hawaiian airfare rate) $1000 each.

I have not purchased our flights yet. I am seeing $1550 from LAX to LHR in economy and $1900 for premium economy. Flying this route, instead of from San Diego is much cheaper. Also doing a roundtrip LHR instead of CDG (since we are jumping ship in La Havre) is cheaper too.

Our travel agent suggested doing r/t from London would be less $$$. Will you be trying the train from Paris to London? That is where I stumbled. I was too chicken to mentally commit myself to the train. People on here that offer help do seem to say it is easy, but I was just not that brave.

I booked our airfare back in September I think. . .i was watching it go up & down, and when it went down within where I could afford it I snagged it. I've not looked again as I don't want to see/learn that I jumped too soon.

The only time I have been in Paris is when we had a layover in CDG. It is an adventure getting through that airport let me tell you. Unless things have changed that is. I will do what ever I can to avoid it. It's the only reason I hesitate using Priceline to book our flight. That's when we got stuck in CDG for a day.

I have not seen Paris at all so we are taking the day in Paris with lunch excursion through the ship. $229 is quite high but less expensive than the private tours that I could find. At least we get to see the country side driving to Paris. I hope it's a great trip.

Yes, this is the most I have spent on a trip too. I just took a cruise out of London through the Greece, Italy and Turkey with my son two years ago for his graduation present. Everything was so much less expensive then. I don't know what's going on. I'm going to keep watching those airfare prices and pray for a sale.

that doesn't sound good. We are flying out of CDG. Our flight is suppose to leave at 9:25 am, so we'll have to get there pretty early. I wanted to get home before it was too late - since we will have to go to work the next day. Hopefully coming home and gaining 6 hours (vs losing 6 hours going East) will help with jet lag.

Did you have issues with jet lag in any of your other long flights? The longest we have done is Hawaii. It was an 8 hour non stop flight each way. All four of us did fine going to Hawaii. . but it was a daytime flight, and we gained 5 hours since we were going west. Coming home it was a night time flight & we lost 5 hours. . .my family did fine, I was miserable. My TA sent me some OTC meds called No Jetlag. I didn't try that trip, but plan to try it for this one.

Our travel agent suggested doing r/t from London would be less $$$. Will you be trying the train from Paris to London? That is where I stumbled. I was too chicken to mentally commit myself to the train. People on here that offer help do seem to say it is easy, but I was just not that brave.

I booked our airfare back in September I think. . .i was watching it go up & down, and when it went down within where I could afford it I snagged it. I've not looked again as I don't want to see/learn that I jumped too soon.

I think we will try the train. Either that or Air France has a cheap one way ticket to Heathrow for $69pp.

that doesn't sound good. We are flying out of CDG. Our flight is suppose to leave at 9:25 am, so we'll have to get there pretty early. I wanted to get home before it was too late - since we will have to go to work the next day. Hopefully coming home and gaining 6 hours (vs losing 6 hours going East) will help with jet lag.

Did you have issues with jet lag in any of your other long flights? The longest we have done is Hawaii. It was an 8 hour non stop flight each way. All four of us did fine going to Hawaii. . but it was a daytime flight, and we gained 5 hours since we were going west. Coming home it was a night time flight & we lost 5 hours. . .my family did fine, I was miserable. My TA sent me some OTC meds called No Jetlag. I didn't try that trip, but plan to try it for this one.

I've flown in and out of CDG and never had a problem.

Now I do have a problem with jet lag. The worst was our flight from the East Coast to China. All my flights to London have been bad as well. I always make the mistake of taking a nap when I get there, and then sleep too long! This time I plan on getting on a Ho Ho in London, see some sights and try to stay awake until at least 8pm.

I've flown in and out of CDG and never had a problem.

Now I do have a problem with jet lag. The worst was our flight from the East Coast to China. All my flights to London have been bad as well. I always make the mistake of taking a nap when I get there, and then sleep too long! This time I plan on getting on a Ho Ho in London, see some sights and try to stay awake until at least 8pm.

Good to know. I did book a tour guide to pick us up at the airport in London, and do a tour before going to our hotel. I'm hoping it will help.

I'm not sure why I had so much pain/problems on the return flight. It could be that we had a long, hot tour (Pearl Harbor) before our flight. The flight was 8 hours, non stop with most people sleeping (except two very loud children). The seat in front of me was laid back as far as it could go making it difficult to watch the tv. . .and I was tied, couldn't get comfortable or relaxed even - and just hurt all over. So it could have just been too much for one day? We flew to Hawaii just fine - non stop - but no one was sleeping, and we didn't just do a long/hot tour first.

China? Wow. On my some day list. :) We are shooting for the Mediterrean in 2015, I'm hoping this trip makes me a slightly braver traveler.

I always find it more difficult flying home than going. I think partially its due to the fact that your excited to be starting your vacation. And let's face it, coming home to piles of laundry, chores and going back to work can make anyone tired.

I always find it more difficult flying home than going. I think partially its due to the fact that your excited to be starting your vacation. And let's face it, coming home to piles of laundry, chores and going back to work can make anyone tired.

I'm the exact opposite! I'm fine once I'm home. Maybe because there is nothing new and exciting to see there. I can just veg out on the couch if I need to.

Hello ,

Have just noticed you search for a tour company in Normandy, I will be in LE HAVRE this coming g Sunday 26 Oct i have hired a 18 seater mini bus with driver and guide if required from a company called LABEL WEST, Just email ingrid@label-west.fr

Tell her what you require and she will be back in-touch with you the same day. From my dealings with her she is first class at what she does and very helpfull.

REG

Thanks for this information. Could you let me know how this tour went? I have been in touch with Ingrid and she has been very prompt in her reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from the Allure. The cruise was great and the ship was awesome. Truth be told, I agreed to this cruise just too see how really tacky a cruise ship this big with all the junk on it would be an...wow, the ship was beautiful, tastefully done, the service was great, the food was wonderful. The main DR was as good as the specialties, there were so many dining venues I could not keep up and skipped many as I am diabetic. Left out the dog house, the donut shop, the ice cream parlor, Johnny Rockets and many others. The park Cafe was great for light lunch and...stop the presses...the Windjammer was NEVERcrowded. We ate lunch there 3 days.

The shows were fantastic, we could not even get a reservation for the comedy club in advance. So so much to do.

We had an accessable cabin and as soon as I can back I upgraded to one on the Eclipse. Cost me plenty but the room is twice as large. In short, you or the kids, babies, teens, grandparents will never be bored, embarrassed, go hungry or thirsty on the Allure. The trip will fly bye too fast.

Back from the Allure. The cruise was great and the ship was awesome. Truth be told, I agreed to this cruise just too see how really tacky a cruise ship this big with all the junk on it would be an...wow, the ship was beautiful, tastefully done, the service was great, the food was wonderful. The main DR was as good as the specialties, there were so many dining venues I could not keep up and skipped many as I am diabetic. Left out the dog house, the donut shop, the ice cream parlor, Johnny Rockets and many others. The park Cafe was great for light lunch and...stop the presses...the Windjammer was NEVERcrowded. We ate lunch there 3 days.

The shows were fantastic, we could not even get a reservation for the comedy club in advance. So so much to do.

We had an accessable cabin and as soon as I can back I upgraded to one on the Eclipse. Cost me plenty but the room is twice as large. In short, you or the kids, babies, teens, grandparents will never be bored, embarrassed, go hungry or thirsty on the Allure. The trip will fly bye too fast.

it is nice to know you enjoyed it. I have to say I LOVE the look for the Oasis/Allure but have been hesitant due to their size. We are trying our first big ship in a few weeks, not as big as the Oasis/Allure, but still big to us. The Carnival Magic. I can't wait to see how it feels.