Princess Air - Flexible?

phabric

I have reserved with Flexible air for next August 2014 with payment at final payment. I have read the information on Princess Air Site. The price has gone up by $340/pp since I reserved.

Is Flexible air like when you reserve a cruise, you pay the price that you reserved at? On Flexible - If the air price goes not, I know that I can cancel and rebook. If the price increases (like it has now), do I pay what I reserved at or the new price?

If you booked and were given a price then that is the price you will pay. From what I read, the only way prices go up is if the taxes and fees change that apply to the ticket. In other words, Princess views the ticket as having two parts, the negotiated rate they have for the flight, and the taxes and landing / takeoff charges from governments, which can change up to the point the ticket is actually issued.

I would call Princess (or your TA) and check it out.

One of the TA's that posts frequently on this board recently provided a link that stated the price reserved on Flex EZAir would not increase; meaning you lock in that price when you reserve and do not have to make full final payment to do so (as was the case in the past). Restricted air has always required air payment to lock in the price, and is not cancellable, but does not require full cruise payment at the same time.

Archived