Ardastra Gardens & Zoo

gummymango

Interested in heading to the zoo with my DD (3.5). Is it easier to take a cab there and back to the port or taking the #10 jitney. I understand that there are should be enough transportation at the port what about when we are ready to leave? Is there a bus schedule?

We also wanted to do the John Watling's Distillery tour and try some food at the fish fry

What other things should we try to do what we are on land. We are in Nassau from 8-6 so we should have plenty of time.

It's easier to take a cab but a cheaper to take the jitney. Since you're interested in eating at the Fish Fry, you might consider taking a cab to Ardastra, then after you're done at the zoo, walk back down the hill to the main road. The Fish Fry is right across the street from there. Then take the jitney back to town after lunch. The jitneys stop at the Fish Fry and come by every few minutes.

Personally, I would skip the distillery since you have a little one. It's a liquor store and bar - not really child-appropriate. But that's just my opinion. :)

Archived