Anyone got any tips for how to spend Christmas Day in Grand Cayman?

Farrlacey

We'll be spending Christmas Day in Grand Cayman.

Will anything be open? Will we be able to walk or take a cab to a beach?

Any tips on what to do to make it a day to remember?:confused:

Pretty much all stores will be closed for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Some restaurants may be open in the tourist areas. I'm not sure if restaurants at the beach clubs will be open or not. There will likely be taxis available near the port that could take you to the beach.

It might be a good day to book a ship excursion, as they'll have made arrangements for things like Stingray City that won't be affected by the holiday. Some attractions like the turtle farm, botanical gardens, etc. will probably be closed.

Who's in your travel group? Interests? With more details we might be able to make additional suggestions...

Edited by bookbabe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi.. we'll be in Grand Cayman on Christmas Day 2014 and I was wondering the same things you were. How did your excursion go? Did you notice if most things were indeed closed? Anything you could share would be really helpful!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.. we'll be in Grand Cayman on Christmas Day 2014 and I was wondering the same things you were. How did your excursion go? Did you notice if most things were indeed closed? Anything you could share would be really helpful!

Thanks

Sorry I can't help you much as our itinerary was changed at the last minute so we ended up spending a fabulously relaxing Christmas day tubing down a river in Jamaica instead.

Christmas eve was spent in Grand Cayman and everything seemed to be open. We did a combination ship organised tour to the turtle farm (OK), Hell (great for a few photos and to send postcards from Hell), then took a small boat to the stingrays - amazing! The small boat worked really well as each family/friends group got the chance to have a photoshoot with stingrays. The captain's wife took some fabulous pictures which we couldn't have got on our own - but they did come at a cost... still wouldn't want to forget that once in a lifetime experience.

We had plenty of time for shopping in port afterwards.

Hope you find something amazing to do Christmas day. Have a great time!

Edited by Farrlacey