New Years Eve in Tampa

Ehpride

We're spending NYE night in Tampa before our cruise. The problem is that we have no idea what there is to do on NYE in Tampa! We're going to be all dressed up and have nowhere to go. Does anyone have any ideas for restuarants, bars, events, etc? We're a grandma, mom and daughter, ages 78, 40+, 21. We like to have a good time but nothing raunchy. That would be a little weird, don't you think?!

Thanks in advance!

Dear Revelers,

Have a look at Berns Steak House - one of the classiest places in town - or at the Columbia, one of the oldest cuban restaurants in this country.

However, the Columbia is located in Ybor City which is the old cuban neighborhood.(home of Have-a-Tampa Cigar) It's gone through extensive gentrification and there are tons of nice restaurants, bars and clubs there. It might be a bit too exciting for you on New Year's Eve - I don't know what you're looking for. However, if it seems a bit too roudy for New Year's Eve, it's definitely worth a visit on another night or for New Year's Day brunch.

Berns has been around forever and is an exceptional restaurant.

Jane

Basically, we want to dress up (think formal night!) and go to a classy restaurant/lounge for dinner, drinks and dancing. My mom was in Tampa last fall and stayed at the Clarion. She said she heard the bartender talking about a classy jazz club nearby. Anybody know anything about it?

It's only an hour from Tampa to Disney World. Why not sign up for a bus excursion or else rent a car and drive over and spend the day and evening at Epcot Center. I know they usually close the parks earlier during winter months, but holidays are exceptions. It might be worth calling Disney to find out their plans. I know my son spends his NYE at Disneyland in California.

Archived