Carnival FREEDOM 10-5-13 Review (LOTS of Pictures)!

valancy1

Here is a placeholder for the upcoming review of our cruise we just finished aboard the Carnival Freedom. I took tons of pictures of the ship to help those of you who've never sailed or never sailed on Freedom before. I hope you enjoy the upcoming review.

Here is a placeholder for the upcoming review of our cruise we just finished aboard the Carnival Freedom. I took tons of pictures of the ship to help those of you who've never sailed or never sailed on Freedom before. I hope you enjoy the upcoming review.

Looking foward to it.

OnCruiseControl, yep, I'm going to start tonight (at least that's the plan).

We had a fabulous time. We came in the day before, which required us to drive up to Philly on Thursday night and stay in a hotel for a 6:30 a.m. flight. Crazy, but we were using miles and that was the way we could fly with the least amount.

So we got to Palm Beach (another way to use less miles) rented a car and drove down to Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the Renaissance. I usually love those hotels (I am a road warrior and stay about 200 nights a year in hotels), but this one was *OK*. They charge for parking, PERIOD. There is no free place to park and the view which I thought I was going to have of the bay with the ships was non-existant. There wasn't a problem with the room or anything, it just isn't as nice as staying in Miami where there are oodles of hotels to stay and see the ships from the room in the morning. Just one of those things that I love.

We went to Carrabba's for dinner. We don't have one near us and even though it is a chain, we love the food and it doesn't taste "chain-like". Then to bed to get up and head over to the port.

Since we rented a car, we drove it to the Fort Lauderdale airport and got a free ride to Port Everglades. This is the way to get free transportation to the port. Have a reservation with a rental car company and they'll take you there.

We got to the cruise terminal. This was our first Platinum cruise and WOW was that nice... go right to the priority lounge, our own security... it was GREAT.

We went to this holding area and waited... and waited... and FINALLY it was time to go!

PA051214_zpsb2e16558.jpg

We LOVED being able to go right to our room and dump our stuff off. Our pins and drink coupons were there waiting for us. I loved that whole experience!

We had an oceanview room on Riviera.

PA051216_zpsa5b71e6d.jpg

PA051217_zpsd5c32074.jpg

Now it's time to explore the ship...

PA051218_zps2de4e4da.jpg

And have lunch in the Lido buffet...

PA051220_zpsd9db0e98.jpg

PA051221_zps99ad94a8.jpg

looking forward to the rest of the review! sailing on the Freedom again in July

Time for some ship pictures. We traditionally board the ship, eat lunch and then roam around (and I take pictures for Cruise Critic reviews):

This is the Promenade:

PA051222_zps6a07ba81.jpg

PA051226_zps177b16ea.jpg

PA051225_zps2b5f5e87.jpg

Grand Atrium:

PA051223_zpse3dbfff3.jpg

PA051224_zps17d427ba.jpg

PA051238_zps69a72f63.jpg

The lights in the Promenade change colors, as do the ones in the Grand Atrium.

(to be continued)...

I used to take pictures of muster drills and our lunch and such, but this time I didn't, so I'm sorry if you wanted to see what it looks like. There are other food pictures as we go along. The muster drill is basically like being squished like a sardine along with 3,000 other hot sticky bodies for about 15 minutes on Deck 4 out by the lifeboats. I am so averse to touching strangers that it is easily the most unpleasant part of the cruise (aside from getting off the ship). But at least we don't have to put our life jackets on anymore!

Here is a picture of the buffet on Lido:

PA051251_zps6c9b9868.jpg

Here's pictures of the arcade. They have SKEEBALL! (I love that game)

PA051227_zps33d19936.jpg

PA051228_zpsec0678b5.jpg

PA051229_zpsf345776d.jpg

You can play the arcade games with your Sail & Sign card. No longer need for cash or coins. The totals of the tickets are on the S&S card and can be redeemed there.

Oh and a completely different subject, BUT: Watch your Fun Times... they offer a free one-time "turn" on the Cash Vault (I think it was the first or second day).

Disco (also the art auction venue):

PA051230_zpsfa65f24f.jpg

Martini Bar in the back at 5 (just outside of the piano bar):

PA051231_zpsfd2f0e6c.jpg

Piano Bar:

PA051232_zps707a8b69.jpg

This is the stairway area to go down to the Habana Bar and Internet Cafe on Deck 4:

PA051245_zpsa8a25855.jpg

Looks like Funship Freddie was getting a talking to (LOL):

PA051257_zpscc6c10a6.jpg

Archived