Need some help TikiinTahiti

Widebay

Need some help mate. I emailed Patrick in Bora Bora to do a beach break & BBQ for our cruise stop, however, I got an email back from Maeval, saying their tour that day is fully booked out. I asked if there are any cancellations to email me, but it looks like Patrick is going to be pretty busy with our cruise ship in Bora Bora port.

If other excursions are also booked out, do you have any suggestions for doing something different, perhaps a beach somewhere that my wife & I can get to easily for a swim, or perhaps a visit to Hotel resort on the beach for swim & buy drinks/lunch, etc.

I tried the cruise ship website - but it seems to have troubles. (It only recognises you if you live in USA), and if I wait until I board the ship & see personnel at "Shore Excursion" Desk, there is a good chance that all tours have been booked out.

I am open to any of your ideas

Regards Leigh

What ship are you sailing??? In the past I know that Patrick has taken large groups--I know he did for Princess for sure, but it was worked out months ahead--When will you be there? You can get a $5 ride to Matira beach or arrange to spend the day at the Intercontinental hotel just across the street from the bus stop--Not sure, but I believr they charge about $75 for you to spend the day and use the facilities and that you can charge lunch against that amount.

Nancy:D:D

Edited by Seal

All the answers

If you really want a lagoon tour Rannui Tours (link is on the list) and they are wonderful and most don't know about them so I would think they my have room for you.

The Hilton Nui is the most convenient hotel from the tender drop off location. Nice place .........

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I knew I could depend on you guys, many thanks.

Seal - We are on the Celebrity Millenium out of Hawaii, and visiting the Tahitian Islands, Papeete, Bora Bora & Moorea, then Fiji and Noumea.

I emailed Patrick some time ago, however, I received an email yesterday from Maeva, who does the reservations for Maohi Nui (Patrick's company) stating, "All our tours are booked, thank you for your understanding and hope to meet you on our tour next time."

So I am not sure whether this company holds all bookings for a particular cruise line or what?

I have since been on the Celebrity website, trying to book a similar tour, called "Beach Break", but I am unable to make an internet booking, as one of required questions asks which state in USA do you come from? (It is a required question) As my address & state in Australia are "not listed" on this booking page, I can't make a booking in advance.

I have now sent a message to Celebrity's website, asking how can I overcome this situation, and make a shore excursion booking in "advance"

Oh well, I hope things work out in the end, I want this cruise to be special for my wife.

Thank you once again TikiinTahiti - I spoke to my dear wife, and we are happy to do either Rannui Tours, or even a "Beach Break at one of the nice Hotels" including lunch.

Where we live we have coral reefs not far from us, eg. Lady Elliot Island (which we visit on various occasions). My wife is leaning towards a nice beach break, swim, lunch & laze in the sun.

I have since been on the Celebrity website, trying to book a similar tour, called "Beach Break", but I am unable to make an internet booking, as one of required questions asks which state in USA do you come from? (It is a required question) As my address & state in Australia are "not listed" on this booking page, I can't make a booking in advance.

I have now sent a message to Celebrity's website, asking how can I overcome this situation, and make a shore excursion booking in "advance"

The state option for outside of the US is "not applicable" (the first one in the list) - I just booked my excursions then and it went through fine.

Hope this helps.

Just adding onto the last message, which Hotel is close to where the tender boats pull into Bora Bora?

The Hilton Nui. Their boat shuttle picks up at the same location the ship tenders drop off

BTW, there has been an email change for the contact at the Hilton Nui. Here is:

reservations@hilton-borabora.pf

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Thanks Tikiintahiti once again. I will email them.

Because we have so much coral/reefs/fish etc on the southern great barrier reef close to where we live, eg. Lady Elliott Island, we don't any great desire to swim with fish or dive on coral, as they say been there done that, and when I mentioned this aspect to my wife, she said why can't we go to a nice resort, to swim on their beach, have lunch/drinks there & relax, and I said, YES YES.

Just adding to this thread, I went back onto Celebrities website, and with advice of other cruise critic members, I punched in the correct information required, and bingo, my wife & I are now doing 2 shore excursions with Celebrity - 1st Moto Tapu trip at Bora Bora, 2nd - a trip in & around Moorea, visiting various places of interest.

Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks Celebrity for the bookings.

Leigh

P.S. Only 12 days before we fly over to Hawaii, then 3 fun packed days in Waikiki, then embark on Celebrity Millenium for Tahitian islands, Fiji and New Caledonia, before returning to Australia. This trip means so much to us, as we love Hawaii, and so much wanted to see the Tahitian Islands, scenery, the people, diving, food etc. (even looking forward to trying one of those Tahitian beers, Hinano (is that right)

You are very lucky to live where you do. Having snorkeled the southern great barrier once, the northern twice, and many places in Hawaii I would say you made the right choice. Enjoy your cruise. I am going back to Tahiti in sept 2014 and then to Sydney. I was in Tahiti in 1987 and still think southern barrier was better for snorkeling. I have to choose between the southern and northern Great Barrier Reef for my week after Sydney. Tough choice. Dunk was not my cup of tea and too many birds at Hamilton. But if you get the chance to go to Belize which is closest to the biggest reef in the Caribbean do snorkel there.

FYI Patrick is already sold out for our sept 2014 cruise.

All the answers

If you really want a lagoon tour Rannui Tours (link is on the list) and they are wonderful and most don't know about them so I would think they my have room for you.

The Hilton Nui is the most convenient hotel from the tender drop off location. Nice place .........

Thanks for all the good information, TikiInTahiti! I've been once before ten years ago and did the catamaran tour. This time I'm booked with Patrick's 3/4 day on the first day. I'm thinking of doing Christophe's tour the next day in the afternoon (I read it's not as crowded). The ship leaves at 5. Do you think this is a good idea?

AS my link info states they are all good. However, Patrick does rum several outriggers when a ship is in port and though they split up during the snorkeling they all come together for the motu picnic. If there are multi outriggers it does get busy around the lunch table and lets just say Patrick needs to pick out a bigger pig when this happens. Another words don't be shy, grab the food before it's all gone. Sam can be said of the booze, it disappears very quickly when there are multi outriggers. I done Patricks tour multi times so my assessment isn't based on one flop ;)

Christopher's only takes 8 max per boat with no lunch and the boats are more comfortable than the outriggers but less authentic.

Rannui won't be overly busy and the family gives a good tour for the bucks which includes a nice lunch.

Is it wise to do tours on both days when the ship is docked in Bora Bora? Are Patrick and Christophe's tours different enough from each other to be worth the cost and time? One of us is an inexperienced swimmer and new to snorkeling, the other is only an average snorkeler. I've read there aren't a lot of beaches close to where the ship docks on Bora Bora so am thinking the tours would enable us to see more of the island from the water.

Both tours will circle the island.

Christopher will hand hold, Patrick's usually won't.

Patrick's is more touristy

Christopher is more about the best snorkeling but still caters to the novice.

Patrick will go outside the reef to the bigger sharks.

Christopher takes you to where the manta rays zip by.

They are different so enjoy ........

Snorkelgalca - yes we are fortunate to live where we live, with Lady Elliott Island just a short flight away, and one of the best coral reef platforms, I have ever seen. Plenty of bright tropical fish, sea snakes (occasionally).

On the island itself, there are a number of cabins, bar/restaurant, etc, an old lighthouse with history, early settlers graves. The small planes that land there, just have enough airstrip to pull up before the end of runway.

Heaps of wild sea birds, mutton birds, sooty terns, etc.

Its one of nature's treasures.

A bit like Fraser Island (closer to Hervey Bay), with with freshwater perched lakes, large sand dunes, very nice Kingfisher Bay Resort, heaps of beaches to fish along. I will stop this......otherwise I will never leave home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tikiintahiti,

I have been one week at the Club med on Bora-Bora twenta years ago. This time we will be there for 2 days on The Narina from Oceania. We ar looking for a tour Inland because we are not big fans of snorkeling. Do you have some advice? We appreiciate your answer

Alf and Brigitte (Seemann) also alf at drkielhorn dot de

Interesting! We went to the Bora Bora Club Med every year since they opened at the newer location until it closed. I think the first year was 1991.

Hummmmm ............ land tour.

Other than the snorkeling they have 4X4 tours or you can take in a day use at one of the resorts, usually $75 - $125 USD but that includes lunch/bar credits.

Helocopter trips ............

Hi Tikiinhaiti,

yes, Boro Bora Club Med was a dream. Why are they no more there? Moorea Clb Med is also no more existing.

I have two questions:

1. which Hotel do you recoemnd for a day pass? (good Location and a nice pool or beach)

2. Are you familiar with Papeete? we have the 15th and 16th of January to see the Island. We are staying in the interconti Hotel. Can you recomend a Sightseeing tour Operator?

Regards Alf (Seemann)

Tahiti tour. Make sure you see the interior of Tahiti. Beautiful! The waterfalls on Tahiti are the best in FP.

Here is a tour that is first class. Some have had a hard time reaching him lately, he might be on vacation but give it a try.

Patrick -http://www.papeete.com/patrick/index.html

Bora Bora Resorts for day use. I think it comes down to The Thalasso or the Hilton Nui.

The Thalasso is a bit more 5 star and has a great view of the mountain. Swimming is good but not much coral ............ sandy bottom. Beautiful pool area and you do get a lunch credit. It will be the more pricy of the 2. You grab a ride over by the boat shuttle between the Thalasso & the Le Moana at Matira Point.

Thalasso - intercontinental.borabora.thalasso@ihg.com

The Hilton Nui looks towards the west (reef) Beautiful pool are though not as fancy as the Thalasso. Lunch credit. Easy to get to as their boat shuttle picks up at the same location as the ship tenders use. Good snorkeling around rooms 325 - 330.

Bora Bora Hilton: reservations@hilton-borabora.pf

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Tikiintahiti,

I qrote to the Interconti BoraBora and they wrote me that at the time we will be there the pool area will be closed for repairs. So I will look for the Hilton.

Regards

Alf (Seemann)