Ouch 431 days!

MichelleChell

My last cruise was booked in Jan 2013...but did not sail until September 2013. 8 long months. but it turned out well.

I was super organized. I started shopping for things I would need in July. Sent things to the launder ( D.H.'s suit). had my hair cut..(mistake. I was scalped. next time I will do that FOUR months ahead) bought new make up. First time I have ever done that. AND bought it at a Dept. store. Had all appointments cancelled and changed. had the dog boarded in a big cage. ( hate that. worse part of sailing. leaving him) and he is sickly. Has to be left with the Vet.)

I read the boards. Read dozens of reviews. Went on Roll Call but it was a bad one. Paid meet and greets.small one too. I knew the Breeze..where everything was before I set foot on the ship.

We thought Butch was going to be C.D. It was a woman instead.

All in all.............We had everything we needed on board. We were always dressed pretty much to norm on every occasion. Even had my bills paid up when we left. No outstanding checks or such.

It was nice. The next cruise is in March. With my Daughter and her family. this time...maybe not so much preparation.

That's gona be a LONG time to wait till my next cruise but Magic Christmas 2014 we will be there!

Few years ago we booked Allure for over 750 days away. And you know.... It came so fast so as the cruise week went too fast. After the cruise I couldn't believe we waited to such a long time and just had 7 days to enjoy the ship. Luckily we cruise every year.

This is our 4th cruise that we have booked with more then 365 days to wait. So I can do it. Just play on cruise critic. I am very ready when it's time to pack though!

The hardest part this time is we are not telling the kids till the week before or possibly a few days before! It's gona kill me to keep it a secret for 14 months!

I have a cruise booked for March 2015 that is 527 days away. I like to book ahead and get the room I want, which in this case is room 6232 on the Miracle with the huge bowling alley balcony for 4 people. Luckily I also have it booked for March of 2014 which is a mere 164 days away ;)

Archived