'Bout ready to 'take the plunge' and 'just do it'

dcsam

We're currently booked aboard a Holland America ship for a Norway cruise in July. However, I'm now leaning towards Azamara for the June 14 cruise. For one, we'd like to visit some friends at the end of our trip, and this trip ends where they live - in Denmark!!! Another reason... my husband's dad was born in the Lofoten Islands and he still has family in one of the ports of call! So, I'm seriously considering cancelling our HAL cruise and book this. I'm also tiring of the same old experiences on HAL. I still love them, but I'm ready for a change - at least this once. Yes, the cost is almost double, but it's a 'once-in-a-lifetime' trip. We can also get upgraded to a balcony (don't know if that's a 'free' upgrade, or if we're really paying for it in the long run, but so goes it). My husband's retired military, so I'll check on whether or not there are any discounts for that. Azamara's Choice Air didn't seem to offer any benefit to us, so I'll see if we can use some of our Alaska points for the air portion. But thus far, nothing pops up on their website. So, all in all... while we're not rich (in the $$$$ sense), there comes a point where you just have to go for it. I have many calls to make tomorrow.

Caroline

WA state

Archived