Bringing you own wine?

Ninthroad

I assume they don't mind wine as it may last a couple just two evenings of pre dinner drinks . Even just one evening if you get serious! Two bottles means they miss out on 4 evenings of drinks times two people @ 9.00 per is $72.00.

Assume they will purchse wine for the other evenings at dinner.

If you take on a litre of gin...there are 35 one ounce drinks in it. At the bar these cost a whole lot more and the cruise line loses significant revenue.

Besides the 2 bottles per cabin at start of cruise... Some Cruise lines let you bring a bottle of wine back to ship from various Ports of call... Does any one have a comment re this on Celebrity???

We have done this several time when cruising on the Med. They seem to be more relaxed on enforcing the the rules. I think they may have a sign posted saying you can't bring wine on board, but they have never stopped us.:D

Dave

Never seen nor heard of anyone ever getting this as an Elite benefit.

Only wine in cabin to be expected from Celebrity is based on cabin level as CC, AQ and suites get a bottle of sparking wine or champagne. I've also heard of some travel agents giving wine as a gift to their customers but not as a Captain's Club perk.

It is sparkling wine, but you may exchange it at customer relations. We have taken it to our dinner table and our sommelier gave us credit towards another bottle of wine off the wine list.

I don't think there is any issue with wine in your luggage as long as you do not exceed the two bottle limit. But, if they detect the bottles in your checked bags there is a chance they will divert your luggage to a security holding area on board if they can not determine from the scan if it is spirits or wine. Then instead of getting the luggage delivered to your cabin you'd get a note to come down to claim the bags and open them for inspection. For this reason we've been carrying our wine on board ourselves - sometimes in a bag from the wine store!

Thank you for this information!

Archived