Smokers

brian_uk

Maybe it will be possible not to smell smoke in the forward lounge of the small ships after they are refurbished next year. Maybe. But I'm not taking any chances. My family and I won't book until some of the least tolerant non-smokers report back that they could not smell even a whiff of smoke anywhere in the rest of the room. In the meantime, it's Azamara, baby, where there's no smoking indoors at all.

Well, I'm pretty intolerant of cigarette smoke ... even if it's "past tense". (By that I mean, lingering "aromas" in hair and clothing.)

Truth in reporting: we don't generally go to the bars, whether for afternoon tea or cocktail hour. But when we HAVE, I we have not noticed smoke odors.

On a couple of occasions (I believe it must have been on the "R" ships) when I was crossing the pool deck after dinner I was suddenly deluged with the smell of smoke, and then I realized I was crossing underneath the smoker's area. But that is the ONLY time I've noticed a problem.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from Azamara if that is your preference! I just don't personally think it's been a problem on Oceania. (And yes, I would personally prefer that Oceania put in a total ban on smoking, but I'm not counting on that happening any time soon.)

I am in full awareness that others HAVE complained about smoke stench in certain areas of Horizons (especially on the "R" ships). All I can say is that we have not noticed it. Maybe if we were up there more often we would, but since DH doesn't drink we really don't do the "bar scene".

Mura

Archived