Bottled Water

Dancer Bob

The topic of bottled water keeps coming up an a regular basis. Those interested should search Toronto Star + Blue Glass Water.

No, I don't think Costa buys bottled water in Canada, but I wonder if Public Health monitoring is more reliable where they do?

Costa ships will frequently buy their mineral water from ports of call on the itinerary. Saves carrying tons of water from the home port each cruise. The water normally will be Italian, Natia natural and Ferrarelle frizzante but on our last cruise after our stop in Istanbul we had a Turkish brand being served. I've seen French, German, Norwegian, etc. etc. on my various European cruises. I presume all the bottled water on board meets the rigid requirements and testing that Costa continues to boast of.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the veteran cruise ship hotel mgr who frequently posts here (BruceMuzz), the tap water of all modern ships is purer than most bottled water. Water bottled in disposable plastic is horrible for the environment and offers no real advantages over ship tap water, yet even Americans (not to mention Europeans) spend more on bottled water than they do on "petrol", i.e. gasoline.

I was once told that there is more profit to be made from bottled water than from petrol.

I generally book a mineral water package though, but because I do not like much the taste of tap water (and I need to drink a lot of water daily), but has happened before that the bottled water tasted the same.

Archived