Magic Cove Balcony on Embarkation

KenNBarbie

We have a port side cove out of Galveston upcoming, and I got thinking... the fueling barge is typically right there on the port side... so, do they allow us to enjoy the balcony before sail away - or would we even want to (give the diesel smell)? We enjoy watching the dolphins in the channel, and thought this was going to be perfect... now not so sure.

We had a port side cove balcony on the Dream in January and enjoyed our time at the dock in Miami watching them loading stuff, admiring the sniffing dogs checking out both luggage and supplies being loaded, etc. So, obviously, we were on the dock side. I don't know about the Magic's situation and if the same side is always against the dock or if it depends on the whim of the harbormaster when they dock.

Anyway, they won't be fueling the WHOLE time you are in port, so even is there is some smell you want to avoid, I'd keep checking for them to finish or just for the wind to shift.

Enjoy your balcony!

We have a port side cove out of Galveston upcoming, and I got thinking... the fueling barge is typically right there on the port side... so, do they allow us to enjoy the balcony before sail away - or would we even want to (give the diesel smell)? We enjoy watching the dolphins in the channel, and thought this was going to be perfect... now not so sure.

We have done coves on both sides in Galveston and every time we end up against the dock LOL!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Had a cove on the dream this past january. Fuel barge nearly right under balcony. Was out there the whole time no problem. Barge did have a no smoking sign on it. Was actually kind of interesting seeing them fuel the ship

Archived