Caribbean Info Nov 2013

Capnahab

Hi everyone

Any first hand experiences of Bonaire and Curacao would be appreciated, we were on a similar cruise last year and absolutely loved it, Itineray slightly different this year with Bonaire and Curacao so any experiences with beaches, visits etc would be very helpful

If you look on the Ports of Call section of this site, you will get fantastic information. I always use these threads when I'm in the Caribbean so we never have to do an excursion. This is Bonaire:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

and here is Curacao

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

We did Curaco and Aruba earlier in the year.

Not been to Bonair. (That's set for 2015)

Curaco is a great island. Very Dutch, Very Colourfull and there is plenty to see and do in the town, a 10 - 15 min walk from the Port.

The Floating Market is a must see, just for it's unusualness.

The Market is worth a wonder through as well......

We ate at the Iguana Café on the river Front. Great low cost meal.

We did the Trolly Train tour. It was padded out a bit but well worth the money.

Don't do beaches ourselves so can't comment on that one.

Alex.

Hi everyone

Any first hand experiences of Bonaire and Curacao would be appreciated, we were on a similar cruise last year and absolutely loved it, Itineray slightly different this year with Bonaire and Curacao so any experiences with beaches, visits etc would be very helpful

A little from a review I have done.....

Bonaire

Only been here once went to a coral beach (Eden beach) for snorkelling as the reef is very close to the shore amazing for this as this island is one of the top dive sites in the world, beach shoes are a good idea as the sand is crushed coral We walked off the ship in the afternoon, as there is a small market and craft stalls set up on the quayside and few bars and a couple of drinks in one sharing the table and nearby tree with come of the largest iguanas I have ever seen!

Curacao

First time we visited we docked right inside Willemstad the floating bridge was opened to let us pass through. We took a taxi to Sea Aquarium beach nice sandy beach quite close to Willemstad for a couple of hours, although if there are other ships in port this can get quite busy. Then spent a couple of hours in Willemstad across the floating bridge is a nice shopping area, restaurants and bars. Second time here we docked at the Mega pier just outside Willemstad the cruise terminal area has nice bars and shops and you can walk into Willemstad in about 10 minutes. We did a beach transfer here to a beach just a little further up from the Sea Aquarium beach. There is a highly recommended local bus company called Irie Tours, which have a tour, stop at the Curacao distillery, and an hour or so at the beach admission price included all for $20 (also beer and soft drinks!) which we are hoping to use next time here.

• 9 months later...
If you look on the Ports of Call section of this site, you will get fantastic information. I always use these threads when I'm in the Caribbean so we never have to do an excursion. This is Bonaire:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

and here is Curacao

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

HI how do i find the ports of call section

Hi were in Curacoa and Bonaire last year as the other posters have said Curacoa is lovely to walk into the markets are great to look around especially the floating fish market.Nice bar as you are walking back to the ship we stopped and did some people watching.The bridge is very interesting and if it opens you can get a ferry to the other side.

We walked off the ship and got a tour ,there is a row of tents and they all offer reasonable tours about 25 dollars.The must see are the salt flats ,fabulous area where there are flamingoes.The guy guarenteed we would see the flamingoes and he took us right up to the lake were they where.