NCL's Naughty Room Roll Call

cruisecritiquer

Have you been to the naughty room?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to the naughty room?

• No.
    • Yes, for contraband (not alcohol)
    • Yes, for alcohol
    • Yes, but it was a mistake on their part. I didn't have contraband.

On the Dawn (I think) - received the note in my stateroom and wondered why? Down to the naughty room where they gave me my bag and sent me on my way.

I have NO idea to this day why they called me down. I don't drink, don't care about wrinkles and my Pepsi was in another bag. They did not open the bag either.

It was a very big bag but under 50 pounds so I'm not sure what was in question.

Wait, we aren't allowed tabasco sauce or maple syrup? :confused:

It was the glass bottle the syrup was in that raised the flag.

They do not go into your luggage. They spot the allegedly offending item on an xray machine and then put a note on the luggage as to why it is being detained. So when I arrived and they brought my suitcase to me, they read a paper attached to it that said "glass bottle" and asked me to show them the glass bottle.

I do like that they don't go through your stuff--they summon you to the naughty room to show them. I'll be bringing it again, but in my carry-on or a plastic bottle!

Walked on to the Jade in Venice 10 days ago with 3 bottles of wine in a carrier bag, fully expecting to pay the corkage. Nobody stopped me and there was no obvious place to "declare", just a big notice saying no alcohol to be brought on board. Having cleared security, i very quickly placed it in to my carry on rucksack so it couldn't be seen and happily saved $45!

:)

Out of 8 cruises:

Once for two bottles of champagne (perfectly willing to pay corkage, but didn't want to shlep the carry-on).

Once for a small travel fan (security insisted it wasn't allowed, but the concierge got it back for us.)

On Pearl this September, champagne was in our carry-on. Port security directed us to the table to pay the corkage, but there was nobody there, so I just took it on.

Archived