Eclipse Tendering in St Thomas

retafcruiser

On March 5, I believe the the Eclipse will be the smallest of five ships in port, so I'm surprised that it would be allocated a berth at Crown Bay. I was under the impression that Crown Bay was used by the larger ships while the smaller ones docked at Havensight.

In November 2012, we did an 8 day cruise in the Eclipse followed by the 14 night exotic southern cruise.

On the first cruise we berthed with no problems at Havensight. Second cruise we ended up tendered, blaming the inability to be sure that the ship had enough draft to berth at Havensight which I found really strange having berthed there the week before.

The tendering was ok if you were at the town side but was radially rough if the tender went to the otherside of the ship.

We are due to berth at Crown Bay in March which really isn't far away. A few dollars in the taxi or walkable. We usually walk between the ports to get some exercise and to get a break from the shops.

In November 2012, we did an 8 day cruise in the Eclipse followed by the 14 night exotic southern cruise.

On the first cruise we berthed with no problems at Havensight. Second cruise we ended up tendered, blaming the inability to be sure that the ship had enough draft to berth at Havensight which I found really strange having berthed there the week before.

The tendering was ok if you were at the town side but was radially rough if the tender went to the otherside of the ship.

We are due to berth at Crown Bay in March which really isn't far away. A few dollars in the taxi or walkable. We usually walk between the ports to get some exercise and to get a break from the shops.

The taxi that has been laid on to pick us up for our shore excursion is prepared to pick us up at whichever dock we finally end up at, including the tender dock. While I would prefer Havensight, Crown Bay is fine too.

The taxi that has been laid on to pick us up for our shore excursion is prepared to pick us up at whichever dock we finally end up at, including the tender dock. While I would prefer Havensight, Crown Bay is fine too.

We are due to dock at Crown Bay in March

http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php?i=1&m=3&y=2014