Just back from Horizon to Bermuda

CaptainG

Don't know why I was so apprehensive about sailing in a 16 year "Old" ship. I drive a car that is nearly that old. No words of wisdom here. Just enjoy the cruise, the port and the food. I hope the Atlantic stays calm.

After a day or two you don't even notice that everything in the cabin is orange.

CaptainG

• 1 month later...

Just back from Bernuda on the Horizon, what a dog! YUCK!!

Objectively here is why: Crowded! Everywhere you went you had to turn sideways to get out of the way and wait wait wait.

Elevators-useless, you had to climb the stairs since elevators averaged 5-10 minutes to get to you.

Smell-Feces and fuel Deck 4-6 really bad. Was awakened at 0500 by powerful smell of burning rubber (made my son and I gage). Called guest services (finally answered afer 3 tries and 10-12 rings) they said they would look into it and said it was a "monir electrical fire"

Poor ship design, hallways that do not allow you to go all the way forward or aft, you wind up having to go up or down to get all the way through

Being lied to: Left 1 hour late and told "this will not impact our 11 o'clock arrival into St Georges"......Liars! We arrived exactly one hour late. Just tell the truth.

Bermuda was great and the itenarary was great as compared to other ships, but that is the best that can be said. Having taken the Summit in January, this was a rude awakening. Just glad it was not our 1st Celebrity experience or it would likely be our last. Also, do not consider this or the Zenith if you have kids. Staff are great but there are simply very limited space and programs for kids.

In conclusion, given so many ship options, I would stronly encourage one to select a vessel with a higher guest to space ratio and one that is newer to avoid rancid smells of raw desiel and sewage, by TODAY's STANDARDS, this ship fails misserably.

Archived