Need some help

lukeduke07

Im trying to choose between the Dream 7 day and Legend 7 day in Feb 2014. Ive been on the dream before and had a great time but have been really wanting to try the Legend due to most people saying great things about the spirit class. Heres the issue. The legend sailing is the first sailing after the scheduled two week drydock. Ive heard stories about the first sailing anfter any drydock can be a mess including unfinished areas late departuure on embarkation day etc. Can anyone make me feel better about booking the Legend? Oh and the dates are set in stone due to my kids being on winter break that week so the wife and I will send them to my parents for the week whilst we have a grown up vacation.

Im trying to choose between the Dream 7 day and Legend 7 day in Feb 2014. Ive been on the dream before and had a great time but have been really wanting to try the Legend due to most people saying great things about the spirit class. Heres the issue. The legend sailing is the first sailing after the scheduled two week drydock. Ive heard stories about the first sailing anfter any drydock can be a mess including unfinished areas late departuure on embarkation day etc. Can anyone make me feel better about booking the Legend? Oh and the dates are set in stone due to my kids being on winter break that week so the wife and I will send them to my parents for the week whilst we have a grown up vacation.

I've been on the Legend twice and I think she is a beautiful ship. I went on the Liberty right after she had the 2.0 updates and there were no problems at all. The only reason I won't go on the Legend again is if it is still leaving from Tampa - that port gets fogged in a lot and the ship cannot come back into port. Not sure where it will be located next February though.

I too, was faced with the same dilemma, and I was finally convinced by my wife to go with "Dream" again. We've sailed both ships a lot, and both of them are winners IMO, but she likes "Dream" just a bit better. For me, it makes no difference, as I totally enjoy either ship, and cruise.

We live near Tampa, and have sailed out of Tampa many, many times, and have NEVER been delayed by fog, although it does happen occasionally. I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor in my decision.

"SKY"

I guess my real dilema is the fact that it will be the first sailing after a scheduled drydock. anyone have first hand experience? Im assuming carnival knows there could be problems because the price is a good bit lower for this particular sailing.

I haven't been on a Dream class ship, but I've been on 2 Spirit class ships, the Legend and the Miracle. I love this class. Really nice layout. Lots of nice areas to hang out. Wonderful Serenity area. The décor on the Legend was a bit dark for my taste, but the layout and the crew were great. I'd say choose the Legend because she'll be heading to Australia next year. You can try a Dream class ship another time.

I don't think I would worry too much about a 2-week standard drydock, unless they're planning to do way too much in that amount of time. They don't usually have any big issues after a typical drydock. I loved my first sailing on the Dream, then because of all the amazing reviews of Spirit class ships, we sailed one the next year. We were very very disappointed in the ship. I have no interest in ever going back to another Spirit class ship for a Caribbean sailing. Later that year, I returned to the Dream, and felt right at home again, and my love for cruising returned. Now, this is just me.

For youthful-minded people who enjoy activities, good entertainment, and a lively atmosphere, it's hard to beat the Dream. The Miracle was severely lacking. However, for people who are looking for a more quiet & relaxing cruise, which may be the case for you since you're not taking the kids, I think that ships like the Legend would be a great choice. That, plus with the Legend leaving the country soon, would lead me to recommend going on the Legend, despite my personal feelings about those ships.

Edited by k2excursion

While I cannot answer your question about sailing after dry dock, I can tell you that Legend is moving to Australia in September 2014 so now is the time to sail her.

• 1 month later...