Costa Serena suite perks

Geuen600

Hello fellow cruisers,

I am booked on suite 7318 on the Costa Serena, leaving april 6 2014.

I received a free upgrade to this suite with all the perks.

Does anyone have expierience with a suite on One of the costa ships?

What are the perks?

Greetings

i had the pleasurte of 10 days in an aft grand suite onboard costa mediterranea. from the costa website, this is what you are supposed to have included:

• Priority boarding
  • Dedicated valet (excluding Mini Suites)
  • Bottle of Italian Spumante sparkling wine
  • Tray of 12 cold canapés
  • Invitation to an exclusive cocktail party with the Captain
  • Choice of pillow from the Pillow Menu on your bed (excluding Mini Suites)
  • Option to have lunch and dinner in your cabin, on request (excluding Mini Suites)
  • Whirlpool bath, bathrobe and slippers for you to use throughout your cruise (excluding Mini Suites)
  • Priority when choosing your preferred seats and times in our Restaurants

The ones i highlighted in red are things that did not happen for me. I see they've removed a few things, like assisting with packing and unpacking (wasn't offerred to me), priority disembarkation (laughable) and the butlers have been downgraded to valets.

the 2nd best perk is the extra space. for me, the absolute best thing was the in-cabin dining. there's a special breakfast menu for suites with a few hot items (eggs bene, steak and eggs, etc.). lunch and dinner can be ordered off of the dining room menus which should be delivered in advance. you still have to stick to ordering during regular meal times. there is also a room service menu, but i never saw that (even after repeated requests).

Hello fellow cruisers,

What are the perks?

Greetings

We had a suite on the Costa Favolosa last Christmas cruise.

Here are some pictures from our suite 7329:

524908_10200195889088008_555312732_n.jpg

418075_10200195890808051_1426187565_n.jpg

155799_10200195931409066_1555288145_n.jpg

1165_10200256399520731_1145269072_n.jpg

298998_10200256400160747_1764085866_n.jpg

As far as I can remember we got free room service, a special cabin steward (kind of a butler but not really a butler) who would help us with things like booking the Club Favolosa, the 4D movie and things like that, a bottle of sparkling wine and we could choose from a pillow menu... we also had a coffee machine and the menus were delivered in our cabins everyday!

The best thing about the suite was the closet before the bathroom, the bathroom and the space!

Hello fellow cruisers,

What are the perks?

Greetings

Nice with the upgrade. Are you sure the upgrade include the perks? The reason why I am asking, is that I have seen an official statement from Costa before which says that free cabin upgrades does not include the added services, but I cant find it right now.

Philip

Nice with the upgrade. Are you sure the upgrade include the perks? The reason why I am asking, is that I have seen an official statement from Costa before which says that free cabin upgrades does not include the added services, but I cant find it right now.

Found it

If a guaranteed cabin is booked (G0000), an identical or higher category cabin may be allocated (for the same price) which may be equipped differently. The allocation of a higher category Cabin will not however entitle you to the benefits that are normally included in the price of that accommodation. You can find out the cabin number just before or on the day of departure.

Philip

Found it

If a guaranteed cabin is booked (G0000), an identical or higher category cabin may be allocated (for the same price) which may be equipped differently. The allocation of a higher category Cabin will not however entitle you to the benefits that are normally included in the price of that accommodation. You can find out the cabin number just before or on the day of departure.

Philip

very interesting to see it in writing. i would certainly think this applies to the 'classic' and 'premium' grades.

i was once offerred a paid upgrade to a samsara suit by costa. i asked specifcally if it included all the samsara perks and was told it did not.

now the question is, did the OP book a gty category?

Costa said that all perks are included and i will be treated like a full suite passenger. I even have the confirmation by mail.

If i understand well then the 'butler' is not really a butler?

Nice fotos. Looks amazing. Is the balcony really bigger than a regular balcony cabin?

I had booked a mini suite. These have more limited perks. But this wasnt available anymore, even after payment. So they called and said that ingot a suite withouth extra cost. A bit of a shame since my mini suite had a wraparound aft balcony

the butler didn't butle for me. he did deliver the room service and the menus. it was nice for that. beyond that, i didn't even know he was there. i believe he did assist the regular cabin steward.

i was in an aft grand suite, so i don't know about your particular balcony. loved that suite. i have a photo spread posted here somewhere of it. just bumped the thread with the pics to the top...

I am totally "Butler switched on" hah - I love having my wardrobe sorted out by the Butler. On NeoRomantica we had one of the best butlers i have ever had, a little Indian girl she was soooooooo sweet and for me, as a woman, I so preferred having a female - She helped me sort out laundry etc, and looked after me so well when I was ill. We saw her every day two or three times. She was terrific.

Costa suite perks are pretty good I think.

As well as priority boarding and debarkation, you will get bubbly in room, fresh fruit daily, one free meal at the speciality restaurant - afternoon treats etc.

Cannot fault Costa for their Butler service = first class!

I am totally "Butler switched on" hah - I love having my wardrobe sorted out by the Butler. On NeoRomantica we had one of the best butlers i have ever had, a little Indian girl she was soooooooo sweet and for me, as a woman, I so preferred having a female - She helped me sort out laundry etc, and looked after me so well when I was ill. We saw her every day two or three times. She was terrific.

Costa suite perks are pretty good I think.

As well as priority boarding and debarkation, you will get bubbly in room, fresh fruit daily, one free meal at the speciality restaurant - afternoon treats etc.

Cannot fault Costa for their Butler service = first class!

once again, the neoRomantica is not indicative of costa, fleetwide. it is VERY important to make that differenciation so expectations are not set too high.

i was not offerred packing/unpacking.

when i asked about priority embarkation (miami) they hadn't a clue what i was talking about. i was sent to the regular line. i didn't even know who my butler was until several hours after dinner the 1st night. maybe i got a bad one.

prioirty disembarkation was a total joke. i was in the 3rd group (the 1st 2 had purchased post-cruise tours of miami).

once again, the neoRomantica is not indicative of costa, fleetwide. it is VERY important to make that differenciation so expectations are not set too high.

i was not offerred packing/unpacking.

when i asked about priority embarkation (miami) they hadn't a clue what i was talking about. i was sent to the regular line. i didn't even know who my butler was until several hours after dinner the 1st night. maybe i got a bad one.

prioirty disembarkation was a total joke. i was in the 3rd group (the 1st 2 had purchased post-cruise tours of miami).

YIKES = not good - suites dont come cheap and on their website they say all I mentioned is included - should come with every suite, not just NeoR - Glad you enjoyed your space but sad to hear you didnt get the "full bhoona" as you should have!

Archived