How is royal on Christmas Eve?

mcatmcat

Was on Jewel last year, will be on Independence this year.

Nice decorations including gingerbread displays and all the regular Christmas stuff. Was told that they don't do as much as they used to due to complaints from some people. Actually heard one woman complain that she got on the boat to get away from Christmas and was disappointed at all the decorations (thankfully only came across one person like this).

Santa even had age appropriate gifts for all the kids, including teenagers (daughter got fold up headphones, not earbuds. She was happy). Captain even did several announcements about "something strange" showing up on the radar, updating it several times throughout the evening.

So exited, not my first time with royal but my first time cruising the liberty of the seas during Christmas, how is the atmosphere during that week!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are on the same cruise. Here is the link to the roll call. Our first time on liberty but we were on the Monarch for Christmas last year and loved it so much we had to do it again. As others have said the ship is very festive and it is so much more relaxing than being at home. Christmas Day on a beach or on the ocean is just about as perfect as you can get.

Santa does pay a visit for the kids on Christmas morning as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832466

Was on Jewel last year, will be on Independence this year.

Nice decorations including gingerbread displays and all the regular Christmas stuff. Was told that they don't do as much as they used to due to complaints from some people. Actually heard one woman complain that she got on the boat to get away from Christmas and was disappointed at all the decorations (thankfully only came across one person like this).

Santa even had age appropriate gifts for all the kids, including teenagers (daughter got fold up headphones, not earbuds. She was happy). Captain even did several announcements about "something strange" showing up on the radar, updating it several times throughout the evening.

Our kids received the fold up headphones last year on the Monarch. They are still using them. Hoping there will be something different this year for them.

: ) Absolutely wonderfull. Santa, decorations, Ginger bread village, huge decorated Christmas tree, real carved turkey dinner with all the fixings. Santa has gifts for the kids, I can not express the joy my DW and I felt being on Royal for Christmas. On our favorite retreat "Coco Cay" Santa went past the beaches on a Jet Ski to wave Goodbye as he was returning to the North Pole. Christmas on a cruise is huge WOW.

We were on the Radiance in 2011 for Christmas and New Year and it was wonderful. The ship was all decorated for Christmas with a large tree in the centrum. On Christmas Eve we had Christmas carols in the centrum and of course Santa came on Christmas morning. Everyone young and old got right into the Christmas spirit.

I must say you really do feel like royalty on RCI during Christmas. I remember it was awesome, with lots of christmas decor, including some nice big trees, gingerbead displays, garlands, and all of that stuff. Really a special moment!

Christmas is so special but so different ....wearing shorts/tshirts and seeing X-mas decorations just didn't jive!! We decorated our door with ornaments and Santa brought gifts for our granddaughter (her parents helped.) Then she saw him the next morning in the promenade where the kids all gathered for their gift from him and she said, "Oh Santa, you already gave me the doll. She didn't want her throw but Santa insisted she could give it to her mom and dad. Was a wonderful time but still missed the family traditions. Not something I would want to do every year but was great for a different vacation.

Archived