When Should I Book for Spring Break

fsa1155

Hello,

I am thinking about doing a Caribbean Cruise for Spring Break 2015. We want to take our daughter who will be a senior in high school as a graduation trip. Is there a particular time of the year to book that is better then another time? I am wanting to get a suite. Wasn't sure if Carnival has big sales through out the year.

I keep reading that people book the "Early Saver." Is that the best way to go? If the price goes down, will Carnival adjust our price?

Thanks for any info,

Hello,

I am thinking about doing a Caribbean Cruise for Spring Break 2015. We want to take our daughter who will be a senior in high school as a graduation trip. Is there a particular time of the year to book that is better then another time? I am wanting to get a suite. Wasn't sure if Carnival has big sales through out the year.

I keep reading that people book the "Early Saver." Is that the best way to go? If the price goes down, will Carnival adjust our price?

Thanks for any info,

Book the cruise as soon as you can to get the suite location that works for you. I have booked with the ES rate on my last three CCL sailings and have received adjustments in the cruise price.:) Read the fine print about the ES rate and the pentilies if you need to cancel.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

I know... everyone says don't go on spring break but what do you do when you want to take your daughter who is in school? My husband owns his own heating and air company so we can't go during the summer due to that being his busy time of year. We are stuck. Dag Gone kids... they mess everything up. ha ha Just kidding. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

I did cruise this past week for fall break. Our ship was sold out but it didn't seem too crowded. I think because it was a larger ship, the people seemed more spread out. Wish us luck. lol :)

High School vacation week is generally not what people think of when they hear spring break:rolleyes:

The colleges usually have a couple of weeks in March.

High Schools are generally in April.

You'll be fine:D:D

Just be sure to read the small print of Early Saver rules.

Enjoy!

I know... everyone says don't go on spring break but what do you do when you want to take your daughter who is in school? My husband owns his own heating and air company so we can't go during the summer due to that being his busy time of year. We are stuck. Dag Gone kids... they mess everything up. ha ha Just kidding. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

I did cruise this past week for fall break. Our ship was sold out but it didn't seem too crowded. I think because it was a larger ship, the people seemed more spread out. Wish us luck. lol :)

We have only done spring break on Celebrity so it doesn't count, ;) but having talked to many who said

that there are not that many "spring breakers" (late teens to early 20's) on Carnival. This is due to the 25 year old restriction.

What I have been warned about is lots and lots of kids and under 18's who can really run wild.

They are often in their parents cabins and that raises the passenger totals per cruise.

We were on Glory this summer . It was 700 over 2 per cabin capacity. :( That's what I would be concerned about.

Is my info wrong ?

My wife is a teacher, and we take a Spring Break cruise just about every year. You just have to deal with the children. We even went on a Celebrity last year, and there were plenty of children on it as well. One thing about them is that they actually enforce the adults only area, which most cruiselines do not. I would not hesitate to go on one. We usually wait until very close to departure time and check RCCL, Celebrity, and Carnival to see who has the best rates and most attractive ship/itinerary combination.

Can't wait to go on our Spring Break cruise with our kids and friends. The more the merrier. The ships are huge!!! And from past cruises on Carnival and Disney there's always some place on the ship I can go for peace and quiet if that's what I want. Heck, I can just go back to my balcony cabin if I need that much quiet.

It's a cruise, have some fun!!! I welcome all the kids. Just more friends for my kids to make:)

Spring break is different weeks for many schools, colleges and universities so to avoid spring break you would have to not cruise in part of Feb, March or April.
Plus you want to avoid the tropical storm season of September October and November.

New Years Holiday season is terribly crowded and expensive as are July and August.

Besides this, cruise any time you like.:D

Thank you all. I am sure we will have a great time. As most of you stated, if it gets too crowded, I will just retreat to my balcony. Can't wait but Spring 2015 seems like a lifetime away. I'm sure it will be here before I know it. Now to just keep this trip a secret so my daughter will be surprised. That is going to be very very difficult.

Thanks again,

Karen :)

lol - i know i had no choice though. i just realized that. but it is an 8 day cruise. i dont think a lot of kids will sail for 8 days but you never know.

i think most spring breakers take 3-5 day cruises? pls tell me this is so. :(

lol - i know i had no choice though. i just realized that. but it is an 8 day cruise. i dont think a lot of kids will sail for 8 days but you never know.

i think most spring breakers take 3-5 day cruises? pls tell me this is so. :(

We have cruised spring break for years with our children and now with our grandson and have never encountered a problem. Our cruises are always 7-8 days. I think you will see more college kids on the 3-5 day cruises.

We have only done spring break on Celebrity so it doesn't count, ;) but having talked to many who said

that there are not that many "spring breakers" (late teens to early 20's) on Carnival. This is due to the 25 year old restriction.

Well in actuality if everyone in the room is 21 or over, no one needs to be 25... If you read carefully the person over 25 is ONLY required if one person in the room is under 21... UNLESS they are married in which case it does not matter the age.

In reply to OP. Yes book Early Saver but I don't know if it's avail at the moment with the current sale? But it should comeback. Then you can get price drops but Carnival will not adjust automatically you will have to watch and apply for drops

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

IMHO you should try to go as soon after her graduation as possible but not too late in June. of course this depends on any other kids you have and their schedule

I would only do a Spring Break cruise if my kids school had the week after Easter off, not the week before. I did this once and it was fine.

To the other posters here, her child is a high school senior so Spring Break to them is not usually the same time as college spring break. This kids break is most likely around Easter/Passover and probably the week before Easter if so.

Of course I haven't a clue where she is in school but what I posted is not so uncommon.

I recently did the Spring break crusie for my DS graduation. Overall, not a bad experience and my 'solo' part was really fun. He was busy with a shipload of pretty girls. That's being said, I learned and saw things that would have me second guessing taking my DD on a Spring Break Carnival cruise for her graduation.

It was a preview of the college dorm/life without the threat of not paying the tution:D

Yes, her spring break is the last week of March and the first week of April. They get 2 weeks off. The school does frown on taking kids out especially that close to graduation. I can't wait until school is not an issue anymore. However, then we will probably be taking grandkids on trips. ha ha

I think we will be fine. I will just watch for that early saver deal. Then I will watch like a hawk for price drops.

Thanks so much for all the input. It really does help in making decisions.

Karen

I recently did the Spring break crusie for my DS graduation. Overall, not a bad experience and my 'solo' part was really fun. He was busy with a shipload of pretty girls. That's being said, I learned and saw things that would have me second guessing taking my DD on a Spring Break Carnival cruise for her graduation.

Oh Dear, I will have to keep a close watch on her. Her father won't let her out of his sight. ha ha You know how Daddys are when it comes to their little girls. :)

Oh Dear, I will have to keep a close watch on her. Her father won't let her out of his sight. ha ha You know how Daddys are when it comes to their little girls. :)

Yeah, expect the cold reality of being away at college in a few months. This was my first time cruising with an older teen with liberal curfew. I was up later than most parents and many kids should be. The kids were not out of control but several in the group were under the influence. This was confirmed by DS among a few other things. With the smartphone, many pics were posted on FB with tags. I am not sure my DD will go away to college, yes double standard:D

Archived