Celebrity Kids Club & Babysitting

Huxley'sCruisers

Hi family board!

We leave next week for a 13-night Adriatic cruise on the Silhouette. I am not expecting there to be many kids on board, given the time of year and length of cruise, but I had been counting on the kids club running regardless. It was the highlight of our NCL trip for my now-4yo last year, and she's excited to go to the one on X. I've tried to prepare her that there might not be many kids, but I don't think she'll really care as long as she has someplace fun to go and cool counselors to pay attention to her.

Now I read on the X board that sometimes when there are only a few kids they don't run the club, or they really scale-back the activities. Has anyone experienced this?

My other question is in regard to the in-room babysitting. A few people mentioned that they were asked to bring their kids to the club for sitting if there weren't many kids. Was this available during the day or just evening hours? We are also traveling with our 17 month old and had been planning to use the in-room sitting a few evenings so we can enjoy a more grown-up dinner. I wouldn't have a huge problem with her being in the club (especially if there are only a few kids and she's with her big sister aka her favorite person on earth), but just not sure how it would work, and also obviously she's not going to bed in the club...

Finally, if we do use in-room sitting, I know it costs $19/hr and they send 2 people and it is billed to the room account. Do you tip the babysitters extra (I know to tip the camp counselors)?

Many thanks!!

When I traveled on Celebrity a few years ago babysitting was discontinued with no notice ahead of time. We had hoped to use it a couple of nights, but when we boarded found it was not an option - not because it was booked up, or no people were willing to do it, but because they changed their policy a couple of weeks ahead of time and did not notify passengers. They have since changed the policy, but it also seems to vary based on crew availability, ship's captain and manager, how many children are on board, etc. So just go in with eyes open that babysitting may or may not be available! Reports I have heard were that babysitting was cash only, but perhaps that has changed. I hope you have a wonderful trip, and hope they are able to do a kids club! That would STINK to go for that long without any kids activities. :(

We cruised on Summit in July this year with our 14 month old.

You will not be able to use the kids club for "babysitting" and leave your 17 month old there. They will have times for you to bring them to play and you will have to stay too. It was a nice playtime for our little one. You can also sign out a bag of toys so they can play anywhere...

We used the in room babysitters twice. It was two sitters for 19 per hour. They do bill directly to the room, you can tip in person or add it on a visit to guest services. The sitters did a great job for us and it was well worth the cost to have a couple of nights "out." We would use the service on Celebrity again in the future without worry.

When you board, go to guest services straight away to put a request in for babysitters. There is a form, of course, to fill out. They will work on scheduling the babysitters and call your room to confirm or tell you they are not,available.

Good luck! And enjoy your cruise!:)

We cruised on Summit in July this year with our 14 month old.

You will not be able to use the kids club for "babysitting" and leave your 17 month old there. They will have times for you to bring them to play and you will have to stay too. It was a nice playtime for our little one. You can also sign out a bag of toys so they can play anywhere...

We used the in room babysitters twice. It was two sitters for 19 per hour. They do bill directly to the room, you can tip in person or add it on a visit to guest services. The sitters did a great job for us and it was well worth the cost to have a couple of nights "out." We would use the service on Celebrity again in the future without worry.

When you board, go to guest services straight away to put a request in for babysitters. There is a form, of course, to fill out. They will work on scheduling the babysitters and call your room to confirm or tell you they are not,available.

Good luck! And enjoy your cruise!:)

Thank you - this is very helpful! I figured they wouldn't let the little one in the kids club, but had read something to that effect on CC so I wanted to check. I'm glad you liked the babysitters, and we hope to have the opportunity to use them!

Archived