Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

Crusin a lot of the fun you can have is meeting new people. You are going on a cruise and From what I can tell the people make the cruise not so much the crew. And if your crew and skillet get together who knows what can happen. As a plus you get to see the GMAN in action I am a showmen. Looking forward to meeting you

Let the good times roll!

True however the reviews have not been as positive about the Allure like the Oasis which alot has to do with the staff and cruise director. Have you been on the Allure yet?

I could care less who the cruise director is. Especially on Oasis & Allure there are so many things to do. As long as the crew is nice & helpful I have no issues. I've never had a problem with any crew member. Everyone I have ever come across on a cruise has been polite & helpful.

True however the reviews have not been as positive about the Allure like the Oasis which alot has to do with the staff and cruise director. Have you been on the Allure yet?

We had Jimmy Rhodes on Oasis in November. I have been on 18 cruises and he is definitely one of my top two along with Lisa Richard.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...
Yes. From deck 2 to deck 1 when you get off in port. I think you use them when you get back on in port too.

This is correct. Other than this, for passengers to get around the ship it's all elevators & stairs. The stairs are a great way to work off the buffet.

Do you happen to know what brand of bottled water they offer with the beverage packages? The info online specifically says Evian bottled is not included.

I'm sorry, I don't know. There is a bottled water package which does come with Evian

Thank you for the wonderful review! Having been on the Allure last year, and going on the Oasis in 40 days, your review was marvelous.

I believe you mentioned that you, or some in your party had received dinner voucners from your TA...? We will receive them for our up coming cruise and wondered howyou redeem them on the ship and where do you make reservations, for say CHops? We are used to paing for specialty restaurants with advanced booking...its all new.

Secondly, how did you feel about the premium package? Iam not a drinker, but my husband is interested and we wondered if it is really worth it. Do they limit the frequency of what you order? Can he get a bottle of water and a drink to sit by the pool, or only one swipe per swipe of the card.

Thank you in advance.

Wendi

Thank you for the wonderful review! Having been on the Allure last year, and going on the Oasis in 40 days, your review was marvelous.

I believe you mentioned that you, or some in your party had received dinner voucners from your TA...? We will receive them for our up coming cruise and wondered howyou redeem them on the ship and where do you make reservations, for say CHops? We are used to paing for specialty restaurants with advanced booking...its all new.

Secondly, how did you feel about the premium package? Iam not a drinker, but my husband is interested and we wondered if it is really worth it. Do they limit the frequency of what you order? Can he get a bottle of water and a drink to sit by the pool, or only one swipe per swipe of the card.

Thank you in advance.

Wendi

Thanks Wendi. The dinner voucher was weird. We never actually received a piece of paper or anything nor was it on file on our Sea Pass cards. We used it at Solarium Bistro. When booking on day 1 we told them about it and when we went the last evening they still couldn't find anything. But they did give us the free meal. We tipped nicely. I guess this is a scam people could run, but hopefully they don't. If you are supposed to receive the voucher from your TA make sure the restaurant is aware of it at time of booking especially if you don't have anything showing it's supposed to be free.

In regards to the premium beverage package, I only had the soda package. I'll have to get Peace to respond about the premium beverage package. She and her husband purchased it.

Thank you in advance.

Wendi

Hi Wendi,

I've actually seen and given out dinner vouchers, they do exist!! The ones I've given out were a promotion from Royal Caribbean. After the final payment was made, Royal Caribbean sent me, the agent, an email with the voucher attached that I forwarded to the client. It had certain restrictions as far as cost and restaurants where it could be used. You had to make the reservation once on the ship and you can just go directly to the restaurant you want to use it. Just show them the voucher at the time of the reservation!!

We had the alcohol package back in October 2013. At the time, we were limited by the price of the drink up to $12 I believe. If the price was more than that, we had to pay the difference, there were a few things that were not included like Red Bull and drinks that were in special glasses. At that time, it did not come with the soda or water, so I can't really comment on that. I did notice that the only water they had for purchase was Evian. Specialty coffees were not included either although I could use the package to buy coffees that had alcohol... like an Irish Coffee or Coffee with Baileys...so it didn't quite make sense that I couldn't order a latte after dinner and not have that included. I guess that's why they made the changes!! Both my husband and I bought the package because those were the rules at the time. I understand that now they don't make all the passengers in the same cabin purchase the package, so your husband could buy it and you wouldn't have to. But to answer your question, we had no problem making the package worth it for us!!

Whatever you decide, have a great time, the ship is amazing!!