What Are Cabins Like

debsmouse

We are sailing on the Spirit on 9-3-05, and are going to be in Cabin 10010,Type BB. It appears to be in the front of the ship. After reading all the threads here. I am wondering if I am going to need to bring anything for motion sickness. I usually don't have problems, but this is the first time I am cruising. Please help.

We are sailing on the Spirit on 9-3-05, and are going to be in Cabin 10010,Type BB. It appears to be in the front of the ship. After reading all the threads here. I am wondering if I am going to need to bring anything for motion sickness. I usually don't have problems, but this is the first time I am cruising. Please help.

We also sailed (NCL Dawn) at the bow of the ship our first (in Sept.) and second cruise.

I brought every med and bracelet on our first cruise.

I was scared to death to cruise.

We hit storms but used none of the meds or bracelets.

It was really fun even with the storms.

2nd cruise, I didn't bring anything for seasickness. DH was quite ill ~ we hit rough currents and winds for 36 hours. I was fine.

Just go midship and as low as you can go for the activities if it gets rough.

Bring meds/bracelets and return them to the store if you don't use them. Also, go to the Atrium, reception has meds to hand out if things get rough.

When you go to sleep in the evening, it is fine. Even during the day, laying down seemed to help.

Don't worry...you will love it:)

Looking forward to your review. We are looking at the Spirit for '06.

I've always felt that it is better to be safe than sorry. While I can easily get motion sickness, the rest of my family does not. I take non-drowsy formula of and OTC med (can't remember Dramamine or Bonine) every night, starting the night before embarkation as a preventive measure. I also take along the elastic bands in case of rough seas. If you wait until you develop symptoms, it can be too late for the above meds to work.

If I were you, I would investigate the options ahead of time, perhaps trying out a couple to determine any side effects. Then, take them along and have whatever it is you choose available, rather than having to search out a remedy while in the throes of seasickness.

While you may read here that the newer ships are larger and have stabiling features, they are still on the ocean and you can and will feel movement at times. Sometimes it is fun and sometimes it is nauseating.

Archived