Can't decide

A couple of weeks ago, hubby and i decided we were going to do a canary island cruise in march. I've researched it to death and decided on Canarian Flavours. We plan on booking it after xmas as bit low on funds at moment. In the meantime i start looking at the Caribbean cruises around that time. I've never been to the Caribbean or on a cruise before. They seem good value, but as we can only go for a week is it to far to go? And whats the weather like at that time of year? I'm totally undecided now! I really like the idea of a Thomsons cruise, but just dithering now!

Hi Lexie,

We did the Canarian Flavours in February this year and really enjoyed it. We went to the Caribbean last February on the Dream and really enjoyed that too. Sorry - no help there then :o

The weather in the Caribbean at that time of year is fabulous. The weather in the Canaries is OK but a bit more unpredictable. The same cruise in March was stuck in Gran Canaria for 3 days, due to bad weather :eek:

Personally, I would not go to the Caribbean for one week, as I'm not too keen on the long flight, but that is just a personal choice.

Sorry, probably been no help at all :o:D

I think Linda has summed it up very well with the main consideration: weather v distance.

I would choose the Caribbean on the basis of the weather (although the Caribbean is something quite special in terms of culture and some fab beaches too) but do agree it's a long way to go for a week.

It is a long flight and involves an early start on the outbound journey - but you do arrive in the Caribbean at a civilised hour and often the sea day is the first day of your cruise so you can relax and get over the previous long travel day. For me that long journey to the Caribbean doesn't seem too bad on that basis - I don't seem to suffer too much tiredness after it. However the return journey is the one that catches up with me as it's an over-night flight and does leave me a bit zonked for a day or two after we get back even if I manage to catch some sleep. I suppose it depends on whether you feel you can cope with that (work next day etc?) - you are aware of the issues so will have to weigh up what you think will work best for you. Good luck with the decision-making though. :)

Hi LexieA five night cruise, Greek Retreats,on Thomson Majesty, from Corfu to Cyprus, laeves this Friday 1 Nov and is currently being offered at almost half price = £389 flying from East Midlands Airport.We are on it- why aren't you lol!Flopsy

Hi LexieA five night cruise, Greek Retreats,on Thomson Majesty, from Corfu to Cyprus, laeves this Friday 1 Nov and is currently being offered at almost half price = £389 flying from East Midlands Airport.We are on it- why aren't you lol!Flopsy

I can only find it from Gatwick. I was tracking it but all the flights from Newcastle went last Monday. :(.

Yes you are right- not available from East Mid now- thats because it was advertised in the Sunday Mirror last week!

Now only available from Gatwick and the price has gone up to £477:eek:

Flopsy

Archived