TA with 4 and 7 year old.

momto2js

I am looking for a TA for next spring or fall. My boys will be 7 and 4. Anyone BTDT and have advise about the best options?? We did DCL PC this year and had a great trip. Finding the TA options a little overwhelming.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I am looking for a TA for next spring or fall. My boys will be 7 and 4. Anyone BTDT and have advise about the best options?? We did DCL PC this year and had a great trip. Finding the TA options a little overwhelming.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

My question is how easily do your boys get bored? You'll probably find very few kids on the TA cruise . Mostly older grandparent type people . The cruise line also might not be well set up kids on a TA.

My recommendations would be Disney Magic, Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas or Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas. These ships would be the most likely to have families and to have a full complement of children's and family activities.

Love TAs, especially westbound where we can get the flight out of the way first and then relax on the 25 hour days sailing back across the Atlantic.

We did a 15 night TA with our DD when she was 5 on RCCL's Voyager, and it was awesome- just enough activities and sports decks (mini-golf, roller blading, etc) to keep us all occupied.

Westbound sailings later in the season also can have the added bonus of being decked out for the holidays, which we love, too.

Another suggestion once you select your cruise is to post on the roll call and see if there are any other kids sailing- we were able to pair up with another 5 yr old girl for our sailing, so the girls became pen pals before our cruise and then had a few play dates onboard both in the kids club and just meeting up for lunch or in our cabin or theirs.

It's been harder to fit a TA in, now that DD is older and in school, so go for it while you can.

Archived