Please recommend restaurant near Embassy Suites

Sherman78

We will be arriving in San Juan on Nov. 15th and should be getting to Embassy Suites at Isle Verda around 3PM. We are not fans of airport food so I'm sure we will be hungry and tired after getting up around 3AM for our flight. Can anyone recommend a casual restaurant close to Embassy Suites, not expensive where we can relax, eat and maybe have a drink? I've seen La Playita (sp?) recommended but it looks like it might be hard to find and a little expensive. Thanks for your help!

We will be arriving in San Juan on Nov. 15th and should be getting to Embassy Suites at Isle Verda around 3PM. We are not fans of airport food so I'm sure we will be hungry and tired after getting up around 3AM for our flight. Can anyone recommend a casual restaurant close to Embassy Suites, not expensive where we can relax, eat and maybe have a drink? I've seen La Playita (sp?) recommended but it looks like it might be hard to find and a little expensive. Thanks for your help!

La Playita is a 15-20 minute walk as it is located directly on (out over) the water. Most meals are $10-15 and very good.

From ES, need to walk 2 blocks to the beach, and head to the right. It is located at the end of the beach.

It could be the best location you eat at during your vacation....

Right outside the Embassy Suites and across the street is the Verdanza Hotel. They have 3 restaurants but you might want to check out Home. It's casual, local fare and prices are reasonable. You can find the menu and prices in the hotel's website. Further down the block on the street in front of the Embassy you'll find a "food mall" with a Burger King, Church's Chicken (local answer to KFC) and Bonanza (local answer to Sizzler). Walk a bit longer to the right on the corner of this mall and you'll find Chilli's, Lupi's (mexican/ casual), Metropol (cuban/ caribbean), Platos (local), Denny's and a few other smaller restaurants. To the left of the mall it's all fast food (Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut).

Comments on service and quality of food at the Outback is hit or miss from my experience and from people that I know that have been there.

We stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde on our recent trip to PR. We walked to 2 restaurants very near the Embassy Suites for dinners. The first was called Platos. It was more of a formal restaurant with dinner items ranging from $15-30 or so...very nice, food was great, no reservations needed if you're going before 7pm. The other was called Don Jose's and it was more casual, cheaper food. Both had FANTASTIC mofongo, if you want to try a local dish. They are both across from the Hampton Inn, which is basically next door to the Embassy Suites.

Archived