1st cruise and drinks package

Magnex

We have just been on our 1st cruise on IOS and had a great time the weather could have been better but we found the ship better than we ever imaged, But we have premium drinks package which we thought was good value and let us try different drink, We only had one problem we were in the pyramid bar and we had a couple of cocktails we had our 2 17 year old daughters with us and at home we let them have the occasional drink, one of our daughters wanted to know what one of the cocktails tasted like and so i said have a sip which she did and i'm talking a very small sip of the cocktail them within seconds the bar tender was at our table demanding we pay for the drink as she had taken a sip and demand all our sea pass cards when he saw she was under 18 he then got his manger to come to the bar and to be fair we felt like we have just stolen the crown jewel, we were then told the they were going to investiage the matter and we could not have another drink that night on our package as it was late we turned in for the night but when i went to the customer services the next day they said they could not tell me about the investigation and our cards were ok to use. Do you think i would be in my right to send a letter asking for a copy for the investigation and why were treated so unfairly for such a small matter.

sorry for the long post :)

I would just let it pass. While I agree with you that letting your daughter have a sip of your drink is not a big deal, I am sure some guests do abuse the drink package by sharing and staff if rightfully instructed to stop it when they are aware. I doubt the underage drinking was the issue...it was sharing the drink package that prompted the confrontation.

Did you daughter like the drink? :-)

Hi this seems very harsh to me, I have no problem with your 17 year old trying a sip of your drink, I think opinions that follow may be quite varied though as that may seem very young to some of our friends across the pond as I believe you have to be 21 to drink in certain states. But may seem harsh to cruisers in the uk as your daughter may only be a month or two perhaps of being legal drinking age.

Incidentally what is the score with drinking on the cruise ships whilst in Europe. Is it still american rules as it is an American company or does it depend on the legal age of the country that the ship is at port of ??

Cheers

Kind regards

Ian

Archived