Ocean front room in FL using Priceline/Hotwire

Longlegscruiser

I definitely want an ocean front room for a stay in Florida for pre cruise... If I use Priceline or Hotwire can I get an oceanfront room? I have read on this board and bettingforfun/travel that Priceline/Hotwire rooms are not usually ocean room view.. They put you in a garden view or city view... How can I make sure I get an oceanview... I am willing to pay a little more but not full price of course!! please help me!!

Unfortunately Fort Lauderdale does not have too many ocean front hotels. Almost all of the are across the street on A1A. If you truly want ocean front try Hollywood just south of Ft Lauderdale or go a bit north to Lauderdale by the Sea or North Lauderdale.

Good luck!

If you "definitely must have an oceanfront room", then I would suggest that Priceline and Hotwire are not for you. You should just book directly with the hotel and request an oceanfront room. Save Priceline and Hotwire for another time.

The Marriott Harbor Beach Resort is right on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and so is the Pelican Beach Resort, both are very popular and get good reviews on TripAdvisor.

I got this through Priceline, first ever bid on that site and my bid was immediately accepted. This hotel is across the road from the beach but is connected via a bridge across the street. Our room is NOT oceanfront, but I hope to be able to switch once we get there. I don't mind paying a bit more for it if they will offer it to us.

Hi:) I agree with Beachlovergirl. If an Oceanfront room is a "Must Have" then

Priceline/Hotwire is not for you.

They will never guaranty you a specific hotel, much less a room. That is the reason the prices are so good.

If you definitely want something on the Beach I would suggest booking directly

through the hotel.

Archived