Royal Caribbean extra charges beware

[quote name='lvstitch']Nope it's still there and with the breakdown of charges the math doesn't even work out. At least with the first charge it added up. When I called RCI they said they show an over payment of $4.90. :rolleyes:[/quote]

They are certainly struggling to repair problems.

But didn't you say you paid the $4.90? After they 'fixed' the problem that should have given you a credit balance.

[quote name='steveru621']They are certainly struggling to repair problems.

But didn't you say you paid the $4.90? After they 'fixed' the problem that should have given you a credit balance.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I paid the first $4.90 on Monday and it showed a $0.00 balance the rest of the day. When I checked back Tuesday there was another $4.90 balance above my total cruise cost, and it's still there.

[quote name='oneputt18']Royal 's own cruise insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app[/quote]

[quote name='cruisnseas']This is not accurate. Cruise Care is an insurance product offered by all major cruise lines through Berkley Insurance. Similar to shore excursions, Royal is the seller, but not the owner of the product. They are just the middleman.[/quote]

Semantics. Hair splitting.

Royal sells the product and, to the best of my knowledge, this particular cruise insurance policy is available exclusively through them. Additionally, while all the lines have similar products, they all have different names.

Carnival's, HAL's and Norweigan's, for example, are underwritten by Stonebridge, so your statement is of dubious accuracy, anyway.

[quote name='lvstitch']Nope it's still there and with the breakdown of charges the math doesn't even work out. At least with the first charge it added up. When I called RCI they said they show an over payment of $4.90. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]The math worked out on ours. What happened was we made our reservations before the tip increase came into effect. The update added the new tip rate to everyones reservation For 2 suite guests it comes out to $4.90 increase.. They are letting IT handle the corrections to your online account...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Customer service is aware of this issue and don't know why it's happening (other than blaming the upgrade). On their side they can see I have a zero balance. He sent me a copy of my final invoice. He said as long as it shows up as a zero balance on their side, the reservation is ok.

I would still take this to the customer relations desk when you get settled on the ship. Take copies of your O balance receipt with you and get it in writing from them that the balance is O and that the issue is corrected. I take a print out of everything that I did over the computer with the web site e.g. receipt for cruise fare/air fare, shore excursions, beverage/food reservation, reservations for shows, wavers for various ship and any other purchases. With the printouts to back you up there can't be any issues that you did or didn't pay. They sent you the receipts from their web sits, so they have to honor it. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I've been a computer programmer for over 40 years now. It seems no matter how much testing I do, there is always some undiscovered problem. Sigh.

This site lists Murphy's Law and lots of other laws and corollaries. Many of these apply to the new RCI site (and ObamaCare).

http://zira.home.xs4all.nl/murphy.html

Edited by Jimnbigd