Airport transfers

bikn4fn

We are in the planning stages of a British Isle cruise for 8/2014. We recently heard that airport transfers are only offered if you purchase a pre/post cruise stay. Can anybody verify this?

Also, what hotels are usually used for the pre/post package?

We are in the planning stages of a British Isle cruise for 8/2014. We recently heard that airport transfers are only offered if you purchase a pre/post cruise stay. Can anybody verify this?

Also, what hotels are usually used for the pre/post package?

Regarding hotels, keep in mind Celebrity lists the price as per/person - not per hotel room. You should be able to book a similar quality hotel for well less than half what Celebrity typically charges. Even if you can't purchase a transfer you will be able to arrange private transfer and still save a lot of $$$.

Regarding hotels, keep in mind Celebrity lists the price as per/person - not per hotel room. You should be able to book a similar quality hotel for well less than half what Celebrity typically charges. Even if you can't purchase a transfer you will be able to arrange private transfer and still save a lot of $$$.

I agree with above plus often if there are two persons the cabfare is about the same or less than two Celeb transfers. Often hotel websites have location info with distance, cost for transportation. Good Luck

I agree with above plus often if there are two persons the cabfare is about the same or less than two Celeb transfers. Often hotel websites have location info with distance, cost for transportation. Good Luck

That is generally true in US ports and a few European ports. But in the UK, the average Celebrity transfer is about $100 p/p. You would be very lucky to find a private transfer from London to any of the ports for much under $250 - $300. There may be some reliable companies that come in under that, but it won't be by much. The best I have ever found is Silver Fleet that has a flat rate of £59 per person (about $190 for 2 people). That is a shared transfer with a guarantee that there won't be more than 3 stops along the way. By the way, I do recommend them. They were spot on with our transfer from Heathrow to Harwich this past August. For our transfer, there was one couple in the van when we were picked up and we went directly to the ship.

You might also check on your roll calls as people frequently organize larger transfers. I have arranged 3 from either London to the ship or vice versa that ranged in cost from $30 - 50 p/p depending on how many people were involved (I had 97 in September). If you can get 6 people, you can definitely beat the cruise line transfer.

Archived